ADVERTISEMENT

Political Junkies (Iowa Caucus)

Prison Mike.

You don't hurt 'em if you don't hit 'em
Gold Member
Jan 6, 2008
Scranton
I know this thread is going to get moved to The Corral

That being said if your like me and love observing/studying politics (I know there are very few on the board) then watching the Iowa Caucus was fascinating.

As it sits right now in the GOP with 99% of the votes cast:

1. Cruz 28%
2. Trump 24%
3. Rubio 23%

Cruz just projected as the winner.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Trumps support base and how it will effect him in New Hampshire. Right now he is sitting in 1st in NH, but Kasich is running in 2nd. Curious to see if the the Trump supporters will stay on board or not. He built himself on being a winner and now losing Iowa and barely finishing ahead of Rubio if it holds up, will they see him as being vulnerable? I think New Hampshire is critical for Trump now. Also, I think what most pundits expected to happen did happen. There were questions on whether or not Trump supporters would go out and Caucus.

The Rubio surge adds an interesting wrinkle into the race, as well. I think Trump skipping the last debate in Iowa helped Rubio more than anyone else.

Democratic race with 83% of the votes cast:

1. Clinton 50%
2. Sanders 49%
3. O'malley...Suspended his campaign

Still a tight race in the Democratic race. For Sanders to really have a shot he needs/needed a big win in Iowa to have a real shot at the nomination. He should win New Hampshire since it's near Vermont, but I believe Iowa is critical for him.

Also, I find it weird that Sanders portrays himself as an anti-establishment candidate considering he has been an elected official for over three decades.

Feel free to disagree and rant. Curious to see how long it takes before this gets moved to the corral... ;):p:D

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News