ADVERTISEMENT

Post Game Thoughts

westx

Dec 6, 2009
We witnessed what it means to have an experienced QB in Penix. UW is a quality team and Penix is a damn good QB. There is NO substitute for experience-None. We heavily invested a year in developing Quinn, and it will pay off in a year or two. That is what it takes. Manning or Murphy should be ready in 2025. Don't want to wait, then transfer.

Our defense looked slow. Maybe our DL were hungover. LBs had a bad game, but they were probably off due to their anchor DeMarvion's absence.

I thought Keilen should not have been used as the every down back, instead the specialty back similar to what he has been doing. He is just too small. Brooks may not have performed much better, but I think that is what Sark should have done.

I thought Sark called a good game in general.

Our OL had an average game or may be slightly below average.

Agree with OP but to me, Ford was our top dog at LB this season by a mile and he was terrible tonight. Beyond bad reads. He didn’t look interested. Not flying around and banging which should be at the forefront of any LB’s DNA

We witnessed what it means to have an experienced QB in Penix. UW is a quality team and Penix is a damn good QB. There is NO substitute for experience-None. We heavily invested a year in developing Quinn, and it will pay off in a year or two. That is what it takes. Manning or Murphy should be ready in 2025. Don't want to wait, then transfer.

Our defense looked slow. Maybe our DL were hungover. LBs had a bad game, but they were probably off due to their anchor DeMarvion's absence.

I thought Keilen should not have been used as the every down back, instead the specialty back similar to what he has been doing. He is just too small. Brooks may not have performed much better, but I think that is what Sark should have done.

Hell Brooks scored both of our td's. We just couldn't establish our running game.

And we just couldn't replace Bijan, Roschon, and Demarvion.

Reactions: westx
Texas does not need to be the training ground for other teams. We continually export talent out of this program via the transfer portal.

Let other teams be our traning ground. We should never be starting a freshman or sophomore unless they are a super talent.

Older team = lots of wins
Young team = losses and butthurt transfers

Texas does not need to be the training ground for other teams. We continually export talent out of this program via the transfer portal.

Let other teams be our traning ground. We should never be starting a freshman or sophomore unless they are a super talent.

100%. That is what is happening

Reactions: hookem777

Kelian needs to learn slot wr. He's not a very good RB.

Heeeey I agree with ya ;)

GP GS Record Comp Att Pct Yards Avg TD Int Rate Att Yards Avg TD
Indiana Hoosiers
2018 3 0 0–0 21 34 61.8 219 6.4 1 0 125.6 7 45 6.4 0
2019 6 6 5–1 110 160 68.8 1,394 8.7 10 4 157.6 22 119 5.4 2
2020 6 6 5–1 124 220 56.4 1,645 7.5 14 4 136.5 18 25 1.4 2
2021 5 5 2–3 87 162 53.7 939 5.8 4 7 101.9 17 −24 −1.4 2
Washington Huskies
2022 12 12 10–2 330 500 66.0 4,354 8.7 29 7 155.5 32 86 2.7 4
Career[16] 32 29 22–7 672 1076 62.5 8,551 7.9 58 22 142.9 96 251 2.6 10

Michael Penix Jr his stats has torn his acl at Indiana and hasn't played a full season till this year. I don't think he is good under pressure if we would of been able to get to him.

The main thing I wanted from this game was to see Ewers play better and we got exactly that. The loss is disappointing, but there is plenty to be excited about for next year.
Stating the obvious here but if Worthy catches either or both of the perfectly laid throws in stride we’re having a different conversation today. Ewers would have been the talk much more than he is now. He still had an outstanding 2nd half and a record setting game.

Reactions: HornDrummer
Michael Penix Jr his stats has torn his acl at Indiana and hasn't played a full season till this year. I don't think he is good under pressure if we would of been able to get to him.
This guy drove me batt sh^t crazy last night. He’s really good. They went 12-2 for a reason.

Reactions: westx
Still didn't play usc or Utah....and with that offensive line to give him that much time Ewers could tear apart a defense easily as well. Even Hudson Card would look good behind that line. And we have seen this type of qb before as well. He won't be an NFL guy and if he is he will be a back up.

I can’t stand all of these slippery teams like Washington. I swear every team in CFB is Tech now. If we’re going to get beat, I at least want it to be in a physical slug fest. I can even live with getting blown off the ball. At least that’s honest football.

Just can’t stand these slippery-ass football teams anymore. They’ve always got the perfect call on 3rd down, they’re always wide tf open, you can’t get a good a pop on anybody - at least not legally, so everyone is afraid to hit. And my God why would ANYONE want to be a DL in todays game - you’re just going to get held on every down, long enough for the ball to be gone, or for the runner to get past you. No point at all. It is infuriating to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT