ADVERTISEMENT

Quick update on DB Kade Phillips

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001

I caught up with Kade Phillips at the state track meet today. Phillips took third in the long jump after clutch jump on his last attempt (23-11.5) to get him on the medal stand.

Phillips has OVs set up to Texas A&M, LSU and Texas in June (in that order). He said it's pretty safe to list those three as his top three, but he's working on setting up visits to TCU and Michigan as well.

Texas is recruiting him as a safety (some schools are talking corner ... he doesn't have a preference). He talks to Blake Gideon and also speaks with Sark as well.

I asked Phillips if there was one school that was maybe setting the pace going into his visits and he said not really, that his top three are all pretty even.

Of note, Dakorien Moore looked poised to finish third but he scratched on his fifth attempt (which might have been his best jump) and then he got bumped from the podium and the final round of jumps. Tough break for him and he wasn't in the mood for an interview, which I can understand. Moore will run in some relay events tonight and Duncanville should fare well in those.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News