Recent concerts?

Oldmanastro

Jun 18, 2015
So I’m at the Moody Amphitheater tonight with my teenage daughter. It’s her first ever concert. We are seeing “Cake”, I’ve always been a fan, and she knows the songs only because I made her listen to them in the car growing up.
It made me wonder if any of you knuckleheads have been to a concert lately and who was it?

And what the heck, there must be a “skunk” loose around here. 😉

• Haha
Reactions: Etlonghorn
Careful Oldman! It’s almost the start of the 4th quarter which means another round of randoms coming down the pipe.

My wife and I just went to the Steve Miller Band, Journey, and Def Leppard concert in San Antonio. We couldn’t believe that Steve Miller is 80 and still rocking it. He came on stage precisely at 6pm and was off by 7pm. The Filipino kid (I say kid, but he’s older than me) who took over as Journey’s lead singer crushes it. He sounds just like Steve Perry. Joe Elliot of Def Leppard still has it, but he dresses like an 80 year old woman on the Golden Girls. Overall it was a really fun time.

I've been on a nostalgic tour lately. Partly because new music sucks and these days I have the coin to drop whereas a kiddo I didn't.

Lately Pearl Jam (moody center) blew me away. Eddie Vedder truly cares about his fans and they killed it. The acoustics are phenomenal in there btw

Third Eye Blind: great show, poppy tunes still carry today and new music is actually good too.

Yellowcard: great to see real musicians still getting after it, but kinda meh performing

Coolio (yes) I saw his last concert before he passed so I think he's living in a gangster paradise

Charley Crockett. Go see em!!! All I will tell you.

In a few months I'm going to see Everclear

Last edited:
My wife and I just went to the Steve Miller Band, Journey, and Def Leppard concert in San Antonio. We couldn’t believe that Steve Miller is 80 and still rocking it. He came on stage precisely at 6pm and was off by 7pm. The Filipino kid (I say kid, but he’s older than me) who took over as Journey’s lead singer crushes it. He sounds just like Steve Perry. Joe Elliot of Def Leppard still has it, but he dresses like an 80 year old woman on the Golden Girls. Overall it was a really fun time.
I’ve heard this tour is good. Before the pandemic I saw Def, Styx and Tesla at COTA.
I don’t really enjoy going to concerts, mostly because of ticket prices and the freaking “service fees” ticket master adds on, but glad I went. Liked I mentioned it was her first and I bought her her first concert t-shirt. I still vividly remember my first which was Van Halen in 1981.

Reactions: txleapd and freeper
I’ve heard this tour is good. Before the pandemic I saw Def, Styx and Tesla at COTA.
I don’t really enjoy going to concerts, mostly because of ticket prices and the freaking “service fees” ticket master adds on, but glad I went. Liked I mentioned it was her first and I bought her her first concert t-shirt. I still vividly remember my first which was Van Halen in 1981.
Saw Van Halen in 1979. What a great show. Last concert? Well my law enforcement career pretty much cured me of the need to be around large night-time crowds with drugs and alcohol present. I guess it was about 10 years ago the wife and I went to see Clint Black at the Grand Sierra Resort in Reno. That was a small, intimate affair. Before that? George Strait at Lawlor Stadium on the Nevada Campus sometime in the 90s.

Reactions: Oldmanastro
We like Billy Strings, Shinyribs, Boz Scaggs. Moody (all 3) sucks. Sound is horrible. We like the repurposed movie theaters, like the Paramount, Aztec, Brauntex.

Went to see Doobie Bros a few months back at Cynthia Woods. Thought Stevie Winwood (Traffic) was on the ticket, but misread the lineup. Robert Cray was bad…in a good way.

Doobies were aight.

ZZ Top, Jason Aldean and .38 Special played recently for a private party on Cedar Creek Lake. It was also set up so that you could listen/watch from your boat. Free.
Nice. Years ago I signed up for overtime working a private party in Reno. Turned out to be a rich guy's party for his kid who was graduating. I got a nice free concert from Trace Adkins. Easiest overtime I ever had.

The wife and I saw Bush, Candlebox, and Jerry Cantrell last week at 713 Music Hall in Houston. It was an awesome show