ADVERTISEMENT

So Incredibly OT:Volkswagon

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
Soooooo, I'm assuming most of you know about Volkswagon faking it's emission software on their cars and how much trouble they are in.... do you know what university discovered all this?

West Virginia. Sooooooo basically:

WV in a twist of irony took down VW.

Very interesting. I don't think it is possible to have adequate performance in a diesel car and meet stds, so they gave the govt. the numbers they wanted. Cars have gotten much cheaper, may go shopping for one if they get cheap enough. As long as the govt can't make me "fix" it.

Very interesting. I don't think it is possible to have adequate performance in a diesel car and meet stds, so they gave the govt. the numbers they wanted. Cars have gotten much cheaper, may go shopping for one if they get cheap enough. As long as the govt can't make me "fix" it.

they manipulated software to trick the sensors is what i gathered.

dude, every car has to pass emissions check every year. you think that vw was just telling people 'yeah it's good, don't check it' and moved on?

I work in the heavy trucks industry. The new diesel engine is so clean that they took the hood vents that would pull the exhaust away at the end of the assembly line down. The people who work in that area do not smell like diesel or have any issues with breathing. the air is checked regularly. I do not know about the small diesel engines and how they clean up their exhaust but the big trucks can. They use (spelling is prob off) a urreah system to clean the exhaust in the trucks.

I think it's the urea system. VW's cars won't be able to keep up with traffic if they meet EPA. Same with motorcycle. Stock Harleys run so lean to make stds they burn your leg, wear out early. So I put in a new cam, dyno'd mine to fatten the mixture. There's a whole industry that does this.

Did some work for Rush....good people. The DEF systems make my diesel burn super clean. No diesel smell at all.

Total pain to keep putting that stuff in, but it WORKS.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT