ADVERTISEMENT

So let me see if I understand

Traces of Texas

www.tracesoftexas.com
Jul 31, 2018
1) There's the ongoing investigation into whether the Trump campaign aided Russian attempts to get Trump elected

2) There's the inquiry into whether Trump obstructed justice when he fired James Comey, whom he had asked not to investigate his former national security adviser

3) There are the president's hush money payments to women, made through his personal attorney, to (successfully) keep them from disclosing during the campaign the affairs they had had with Trump. The purpose of the payments was to benefit Trump’s campaign by suppressing information that would harm his chances in the election. Trump said onboard Air Force 1 in April that he knew nothing about these payments and didn't know where Cohen got the money for them. Today he told Fox and Friends that the payments "came from me" and stressed that "they didn't come out of the campaign." Meanwhile, under oath in a court of law, Cohen testified that Trump commissioned a criminal act, while also fingering a number of executives and companies who participated in the scheme. There are indications that these companies have cooperated with investigators. And then Trump lied today to Ainsley Earhardt by saying that he had tweeted about these payments when he most certainly did not.

Trump in April:

Reporter:"Did you know about the $130,000 payment to Stormy Daniels?"
Trump:"No."
Reporter:"Then why did Michael Cohen make [the payment], if there was no truth to her allegations?"
Trump:"You'll have to ask Michael Cohen. Michael's my attorney, and you'll have to ask Michael."
Reporter:"Do you know where he got the money to make that payment?"
Trump:"No I don't know."

Trump today:

Earhardt:"Did you know about the payments?"

Trump: "Later on I knew. Later on. But you have to understand, Ainsley, what he did -- and they weren't taken out of campaign finance, that's the big thing. That's a much bigger thing. Did they come out of the campaign? They didn't come out of the campaign, they came from me. And I tweeted about it. You know, I put -- I don't know if you know but I tweeted about the payments. But they didn't come out of campaign. In fact, my first question when I heard about it was did they come out of the campaign because that could be a little dicey. And they didn't come out of the campaign and that's big.

4) There are foreign governments that are utilizing Trump's properties as vehicles to funnel money to Trump in efforts to influence administration policy

5) there are ongoing revelations of the president's cabinet officials misusing public funds

6) there is mounting evidence that administration policy is made at the best of private industry ---- particularly those in which Republican donors have vested financial interests

7) There's the president's attempt to aid Chinese telecom ZTE just hours after the Chinese approved funding for a project right next to a Trump property in Indonesia

8) There's the millions of dollars corporations paid to Michael Cohen after the election in attempt to influence administration policy

9) There's Mick Mulvaney, the acting head of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, urging a number of banks to pay off politicians in an effort to weakien the CFPB and dropping a number of cases against payday lenders who were charging exhorbitant interest rates ----- after taking large sums of money from those same lenders when he was a congressman.

10) There's the entire galaxy of scandals involving Scott Pruitt, from his financial relationships with industry figures to his misuse of taxpayer funds to his attempts to avoid the truth about both of those things.

11) There's Trump's attempt to pressure the postmaster general to increase fees on Amazon.com in order to punish Jeff Bezos, who owns the Washington Post, the newspaper that has published many articles detailing the extent of the corruption.

12) There's the fact that it appears that Trump campaign officials solicited campaign help not just from Russia but also from Saudi Arabia and the UAE

13) There's Don Jr. responding "I love it" when informed that the Russians had dirt on Hillary

15) There's Trump denying having anything to do with the writing of Trump Jr.'s July, 2017 statement regarding the June, 2016 meeting with the Russians in Trump Tower. We now know that to be a lie.

16) The Trump Foundation: jeeze, what can you say? The state of New York is about to shine a light up the ass of the Trump Foundation. It appears the charity repeatedly and willfully broke state and federal laws by engaging in a decade-long pattern of self-dealing that culminated in illegal coordination with his political campaign. Trump himself stands accused of rampant misconduct by using the charity as one of his personal checkbooks, directing funds meant for needy causes to settle business and personal debts, boost his political aspirations and benefit his namesake company, the Trump Organization. He also filed false statements to the Internal Revenue Service.

17) I'm being speculative here, but I'm willing to bet that we're going to learn that, since 2006, a lot of Trump's money has come from a lot of dubious sources, a lot of it was not reported to the IRS, and a lot of it was laundered.

18) Then there's the personal stuff: the pussy grabbing, the attempted seduction of the wives of his friends, Trump University etc....

19) He's got an Aggie who had a cumulative 1.6 GPA in science courses at A&M running the energy department ------ and that's one of Trump's GOOD cabinet members.

20) Finally, there's the fact that Trump was certainly Putin's preference ----- if not directly under the control of Putin because of what Putin knows about Trump's past.

I'm purposely leaving a lot out: the trevails of Wilbur Ross, Betsy Devos, Dr. Ben Carson etc...

The Mueller investigation is just getting started.

And yet some of you still support Trump.

I ask: why do you support a man who has been proved to lie over and over to you, a man who had no qualms about bilking his fellow Americans out of millions of dollars for a fake university, a man who cheats on his wife.

Why do you support the man whom Vladimir Putin supported?

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News