ADVERTISEMENT

sounds like thats that

At this point in his career Stoops is only interested in rehabbing high 4*'s and up. But this brings up a good discussion point. Texas fans and Mack himself used to claim that Mack only recruited "good kids" which turned out to be a total farce. Is Charlie different in that he recruits whoever and then tries to get them to buy into the core value deal? It seems that I've heard Charlie gives kids 3 chances, which by the way is no different than every program in the country, before action is taken.

Well Stoops offered McNeal in HS so there's that. But sure, doubt that he'd take him. Makes perfect sense in your illogical world.

As for Mack and Charlie, they tend to go after high character kids. Doesn't mean that no kid is ever going to make mistakes.

I tend to think Bobby probably mostly goes after high character kids too. He just makes more concessions than most on character. On incoming felons (see Chiasson). On transfers (see MacGruder and tons of others). And the thing he does better than most, is turn a total blind eye to his own kids when they do heinous things (see Mixon, Dvoracek, and on and on).

THE BIGGEST AND CLEAREST DIFFERENCE IS that Mack and Charlie both don't put up with that crap. Stoops turns a blind eye on his own players more often than not on things that just about every school in America would boot out. And then he chases after others slop. Call me the next time you see a coach RS a kid for stealing gas or kidnapping a girl with a knife or beating someone upside the head with a baseball bat in a roid rage or caving in a girls face.

Get off your high horse and join the real world.

Reactions: oldhorn2
N

no I could be wrong. I was saying above that usually there are chances given provided it isn't something bad. I haven't seen it totally confirmed that he hit his girlfriend.one would think if he hit his girlfriend then the police would be involved. I haven't seen a police report.

This isn't true. More and more coaches are booting kids sooner and sooner.

We don't know what happened here. But I have yet to see one fan say "what the F, lets wait til the whole story comes out, and maybe we should blame the girl". Bobby on the other hand pulls that excuse of "lets let the legal system run its course and then you guys slob it up". Its shameful.

Being a student athlete isn't a mercenary position. Its a privilege. To be treated as such. And I have no problem backing my coach for sending someone away if he thinks it necessary. I would have issues if he legalized rape, or cocaine (see past OU coaches) or kidnapping and beating women or just beating other students (see Stoops).

Hell UF botted Cam Newton for stealing a laptop. Broyles steals gas and gets a RS that he was already going to get. You have to see the difference and can't rightly claim everyone does it.

This isn't true. More and more coaches are booting kids sooner and sooner.

We don't know what happened here. But I have yet to see one fan say "what the F, lets wait til the whole story comes out, and maybe we should blame the girl". Bobby on the other hand pulls that excuse of "lets let the legal system run its course and then you guys slob it up". Its shameful.

Being a student athlete isn't a mercenary position. Its a privilege. To be treated as such. And I have no problem backing my coach for sending someone away if he thinks it necessary. I would have issues if he legalized rape, or cocaine (see past OU coaches) or kidnapping and beating women or just beating other students (see Stoops).

Hell UF botted Cam Newton for stealing a laptop. Broyles steals gas and gets a RS that he was already going to get. You have to see the difference and can't rightly claim everyone does it.
Oh I must have missed when Strong kicked McNeal off the team. I've only seen that he's been suspended indefinitely. I just figured that was until all of the facts came out but apparently you've been briefed by the powers that be or perhaps you have a link that we aren't all privy to? You're acting like Strong kicked him off and cut all ties immediately. That's not true according to every report I've seen. Speaking of getting off a high horse, take you're own advice. Geez:rolleyes:

Haha oh ok Oldhorn when is the last time you heard anyone getting kicked off for being in the "doghouse" 3 times and NOT violating team rules? Come one Oldhorn, you yourself have stated you like to indulge in the kool aid but you're taking this a little too far hoss

What you fail to consider is what if the team rule violated was a simple one like being late to class or practice? So say you are late 2 times - both violations, but then you have a run in with the law, or fail a drug test... wellthat is your only REAL major offense.... but the 2 times being late violated team rules as well, so you are gone.... I get the feeling you are pushing for this kid to have screwedthe pooch majorly 3 times just so you can crow about it knowing how much crap your coach and team get for the thugs/lowlives/criminals/etc that you welcome in to the fold in Norman......I could be wrong here.... but I have seen you posthere long enough that I dont think I am wrong in your motives here.... lol

Reactions: westx
still wonder where you saw that McNeal was in trouble with the staff 2 other times...we dont know if this is true or if so, for what.....but as an OU guy you might be surprised that Strong requires his players to attend class and if they miss, their whole position has to run....and run. If they miss twice, their whole position has to run....and run...and so does their position coach. EVERY single instructor of a class attended by a FB player is visited once a week to check on attendance......maybe he missed a class.

What you fail to consider is what if the team rule violated was a simple one like being late to class or practice? So say you are late 2 times - both violations, but then you have a run in with the law, or fail a drug test... wellthat is your only REAL major offense.... but the 2 times being late violated team rules as well, so you are gone.... I get the feeling you are pushing for this kid to have screwedthe pooch majorly 3 times just so you can crow about it knowing how much crap your coach and team get for the thugs/lowlives/criminals/etc that you welcome in to the fold in Norman......I could be wrong here.... but I have seen you posthere long enough that I dont think I am wrong in your motives here.... lol
No LS not at all. Trust me I'm not saying this is the 3rd time to hit a woman or something. I'm saying this may be the one to break the camels back. It very well may be his only offense ever but it would warrant being kicked off if it's determined to be true. I've also said Mixon should have been dismissed so I'm not trying to have it both ways.

Reactions: LonghornSoldier
So Bell you just threw that out( 3rd offense ) just for the hesck of it?....you used to be better than that

Reactions: jsto60
Um Clob it's being reported this is this guy's 3rd time in the dog house. No Charlie does not kick you off the team for a first offense, not sure how you call that a back handed criticism? It's the truth. Now if this is a felony then I'm sure that changes things but as far as breaking team rules, every player that I am aware of that Charlie has dismissed has been given multiple chances.
Bonjour

So Bell you just threw that out( 3rd offense ) just for the hesck of it?....you used to be better than that
Oldhorn I have stated a couple times about that players under Charlie have generally gotten multiple chances before they are gone. I am not referring to multiple chances for mess ups that are of the legal/felony variety, I am referring to missing class, failing drug tests etc. since nothing has been confirmed here that leads me to believe one of 2 things happened: 1.) he slapped his girlfriend as is allegedly being thrown around, and this type of offense could have been his first, doesn't matter or 2.) based on conditions other players have been kicked off the team AND since there is no police report to indicate otherwise, then it is plausible to believe that this may have been an issue of breaking team rules for the 3rd time but not necessarily breaking the law.

Not at all I could have sworn I saw it somewhere but apparently I was wrong. Now you can chastise me for saying it was 3rd offense but if it turns out he did hit his girlfriend are you still going to chastise me and tell me how good of a kid he is? Can't have it both ways. You're acting like I'm insinuating he's a bad kid because I claimed this is his 3rd mess up. How about if it's his first one, but he assaulted his girlfriend?

Bell....I am not attacking you.I consider you mostly a decent poster....so I will again try and explain what I am talking about.

I never thought you were saying McNeal was a bad kid.I simply thought you were a bit cavalier with saying that because this was his third offense it was proof that Charlie gave multiple chances to offenders. I wondered where you got the third offense idea. I even said maybe you were right....but it looked to me like you were trying to justify something that may or may not be there. I also thought you might be mistaking an offense like missing class and comparing it to dope smoking or assault

Bell....I am not attacking you.I consider you mostly a decent poster....so I will again try and explain what I am talking about.

I never thought you were saying McNeal was a bad kid.I simply thought you were a bit cavalier with saying that because this was his third offense it was proof that Charlie gave multiple chances to offenders. I wondered where you got the third offense idea. I even said maybe you were right....but it looked to me like you were trying to justify something that may or may not be there. I also thought you might be mistaking an offense like missing class and comparing it to dope smoking or assault

He was just making stuff up.

On the rare occasion he isn't attacking posters or slobbing Stoops, he is capable of a decent conversation.

Here he was just doing the usual, fabricating something to criticize. And also bashing McNeals talent in a joke, as if he isn't good enough for OU (nevermind that OU offered him out of HS bc facts aren't a part of his equations)

On the rare occasion he isn't attacking posters or slobbing Stoops, he is capable of a decent conversation.

Here he was just doing the usual, fabricating something to criticize. And also bashing McNeals talent in a joke, as if he isn't good enough for OU (nevermind that OU offered him out of HS bc facts aren't a part of his equations)
Jsto horn fans are saying he was buried on the depth chart. 3rd string to be exact

he always had the talent....not the first high talent guy to not put in the work.

It seems that I've heard Charlie gives kids 3 chances, which by the way is no different than every program in the country, before action is taken.
A) Pure conjecture based on nothing.
B) Charlie doesn't condone violence against women like some coaches.

Exactly.

DeAndre McNeal: As most know, Sophomore WR DeAndre McNeal was suspended indefinitely by HC Charlie Strong for violating team rules. I was told that Strong “sent him home” and his future in a Texas uniform doesn’t look very bright. Most who have followed Texas since Strong’s arrival know his suspensions aren’t just slap on the wrists. If I recall correctly, Daje Johnson is the only player to have come back from a suspension at Texas. The rest were eventually dismissed. I’m not saying you should jump to any conclusions just yet on McNeal, just don’t get your hopes up. He will not be with Texas as they open fall camp tomorrow.

One guy who could take advantage of McNeal’s absense is freshman WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey. He’s somewhat like McNeal as both are thought of as offensive tweeners. I was told, “he’s going to be too good to keep off the field especially with McNeal out”. We shall see. – (Andrew)

More on McNeal: To add to what Andrew has said, McNeal is now back in Mesquite. This suspension appeared to be coming for a while. I’m told, among other things I’ll leave out, that McNeal had a number of confrontations with coaches. And while that isn’t unheard of I was told that the team is such a tight knit group right now that the staff felt distractions like that are not good for the team chemistry.

TFB

DeAndre McNeal: As most know, Sophomore WR DeAndre McNeal was suspended indefinitely by HC Charlie Strong for violating team rules. I was told that Strong “sent him home” and his future in a Texas uniform doesn’t look very bright. Most who have followed Texas since Strong’s arrival know his suspensions aren’t just slap on the wrists. If I recall correctly, Daje Johnson is the only player to have come back from a suspension at Texas. The rest were eventually dismissed. I’m not saying you should jump to any conclusions just yet on McNeal, just don’t get your hopes up. He will not be with Texas as they open fall camp tomorrow.

One guy who could take advantage of McNeal’s absense is freshman WR Lil’Jordan Humphrey. He’s somewhat like McNeal as both are thought of as offensive tweeners. I was told, “he’s going to be too good to keep off the field especially with McNeal out”. We shall see. – (Andrew)

More on McNeal: To add to what Andrew has said, McNeal is now back in Mesquite. This suspension appeared to be coming for a while. I’m told, among other things I’ll leave out, that McNeal had a number of confrontations with coaches. And while that isn’t unheard of I was told that the team is such a tight knit group right now that the staff felt distractions like that are not good for the team chemistry.

TFB
Hmmm interesting

I provided an article that totally contradicts your assertion in your first point. Fail
Not when it comes to violence against women like your HC who's bereft of any morality.

But try to say Charlie's the same as every other HC again. Fail.

Reactions: oldhorn2
Not when it comes to violence against women like your HC who's bereft of any morality.

But try to say Charlie's the same as every other HC again. Fail.
You look dumb especially in light of Gods40Acres post, you should stop while behind and stop trying to save face.

Reactions: BillyRay
You look dumb especially in light of Gods40Acres post, you should stop while behind and stop trying to save face.
Whatever you say. You try to denigrate our coach with suppositions about weed and missing class while yours supports wifebeaters time and again. But I'm dumb. Lulz

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT