ADVERTISEMENT

Steve Spurrier retired today.....

I don't understand what you are saying? Mack should be grateful that he recruited, developed, and coached such great QBs because without them he would be nothing? Recruiting, developing, and coaching players is part of the job. That's what coaches do. He should take himself out to dinner for doing his job at a high level. Just like any other great coach.

Mack was a great coach, and he sucked at the end. There is no point in trying to revise history because of that. He recruited and developed Vince and Colt they didn't just fall into his lap. Not to mention the countless other star players he coached that all played a role in his success.

Are you trying to argue that he played no role in Vince or Colt being who they were, and he should be thankful that they were really good despite him?

Spurrier was known as much for his antics as he was for his coaching ability. But it worked.

"I'm glad Peyton came back for his senior year. Now he has a chance to be the only 3 time citrus bowl mvp".

Think that didn't piss Peyton off? But manning never beat him. Spurrier owned a bunch of real estate between the ears of a lot of players and coaches.

The only coach that Spurrier couldn't rattle with his antics was Bobby Bowden.

I don't understand what you are saying? Mack should be grateful that he recruited, developed, and coached such great QBs because without them he would be nothing? Recruiting, developing, and coaching players is part of the job. That's what coaches do. He should take himself out to dinner for doing his job at a high level. Just like any other great coach.

Mack was a great coach, and he sucked at the end. There is no point in trying to revise history because of that. He recruited and developed Vince and Colt they didn't just fall into his lap. Not to mention the countless other star players he coached that all played a role in his success.

Are you trying to argue that he played no role in Vince or Colt being who they were, and he should be thankful that they were really good despite him?
Vince more so than colt probably yeah. I really don't think Mack developed Vince much. I think Vince was pretty much the best athlete on the field in every game we played. Mack won a lot of games here but largely failed developing QBs. I mean Simms and Gilbert were #1 QBs in the country and were largely disappointing and didn't get much better here.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT