ADVERTISEMENT

Strong receives key vote of confidence - Red McCombs

Oldhorn - Your response is barely worth responding to. Anytime you change the subject and attack people calling them aggy they generally made a good point you can't argue against it.

What I said about Strong, is based on his record 7-10, and his overall management of the program. I think he says dumb things at press conferences, mismanaged the qb situation, bad coordinator hires, bad game manager (UCLA, Ok st., baylor games) I also see us going 3-9 or 4-8. The culture is happening - from a winning and respected culture to a losing one with him. I have a followed longhorn football for a long time btw. How long someone has been a fan isn't measured by a post count.

What have you seen about Strong and his staff that have impressed you to such a degree that you are so confident and happy that he is here?

One last thing, if your not gonna answer the question I asked, no need to respond.

CFB...I appoligize to you. I was rude, and I dont yet think I need to be rude towards you. That said, what has impressed me about Strong is his willingness to do the right thing no matter whether it costs him the job in the end. I give points for courage. I said he was the right man for the job and I believe it. When Strong got here we had too many non students on the team. (if they dont go to class they are not students) We had thugs and drug users. The program had become rotten to the core. That HAD to be cleaned up. Strong had the courage to get rid of the rotten Not because it made sense football wise, but because it had to be done. Strong can be a huge force in recruiting, because he can show the young men they will be way better off for playing for him. He gets guys ready for the next level. Was it 2012, or 2013 that Texas did not have a single player drafted?

I dont know if Strong is a long term solution here as he does have issues in game management, but you had said he was a bad fit, and had asked why I felt differently.

Old horn. Good points. Hornosaur has made none lol. 2013 no draft picks. 2012 we had Kenny vaccaro drafted in 1st round

Reactions: oldhorn2
Ryan..

No it isn't. Starting 1-3 like this year and last year are the two worst starts since 1959. You wouldn't know, you probably became a Texas fan when we were winning big with Mack. Some of us here know the history of the program well and have followed us for many years. Strong may be a decent head coach, but he is a bad fit here. Rich rod is a decent head coach but was a terrible fit for michigan. The sooner strong is terminated the better the program will be.

I'm always amused as to why the record of a football team from nearly 60 years ago is relevant or meaningful in any way to our football team today.

The only thing this says to me is the new AD is going to feed Red McCombs enormous ego and allow him to have unlimited access to the fb team again. Besides after what McCombs said in that interview he had a private behind closed doors meeting with coach Strong that went very well.

I would like to not directly link this to Strong but I always felt it was a bad sign when coaches started getting a vote of confidence or when people such as an owner, GM or AD felt they needed one.

Well Pooch, Mr McComb might have heard some of the rumors that I heard flying around about some folks wondering if HE bought off the refs last week. That may be why he make the remarks - to deny that rumor. The Referee job was poor enough and strange enough that there was a lot of talk about fixing and who might have done it. T Boone Pickins was mentioned as the possible "fixer", as well

Like it or do not like it,Strong will get 3 to 4 years at Texas unless he resigns and I doubt will make 5 million any where else,For the record,of the 29 coaches at the University of Texas,Strong sits at the bottom with a .428 winning %,but we all know why.He has a way to go to start moving from the bottom,Good Luck, Charlie

I'm not giving Strong a vote of confidence, I'm pretty disappointed in his game management and coaching hires. But you are a fool if you think he hit that ref, video shows just the opposite. Testimony all around says he never cursed to the ref either. That ref had no business tossing that flag and should lose his job. I brought it up that it might have been racially motivated and looking around it sounds like I'm not the only one that thinks it was racially motivated.

Yep. There goes the race card again...........

Easy.... They have improved each week with an extremely young roster. He's doing things exactly like he did at Louisville he will turn over the roster and get his guys on the field. Impatient "Fanatics" need find a new hobby.
Texexspur, with respect let's look at some facts.

Most in here felt that with the 6 tcu starters suspended that we had a chance to win this game. Many also saw that TCU wasn't playing as well as they were last year. I agree, they aren't as good as well.

So, 48-10 last year vs 50-7 this year, how are we improving. We're going backwards. I know you want strong to be the guy becuase you like him as a person. I like him as a person as well. He's just not the guy for THIS job.

Reactions: CFB09 and swVAHorn

Most in here felt that with the 6 tcu starters suspended that we had a chance to win this game. Many also saw that TCU wasn't playing as well as they were last year. I agree, they aren't as good as well.

So, 48-10 last year vs 50-7 this year, how are we improving. We're going backwards. I know you want strong to be the guy becuase you like him as a person. I like him as a person as well. He's just not the guy for THIS job.
I feel the same as you Clob....I really like Strong but we need a PROGRAM Changer.

So if red does not use email will Charlie get a vote of confidence from a carrier pigeon?

So if red does not use email will Charlie get a vote of confidence from a carrier pigeon?
Ha! I'm not kidding, he doesn't email. He seriously has emails printed out and handed to him to read. Constantly has to be reminded to read from the bottom to the top instead of the top to the bottom.

They had shown improvement leading into TCU....I bought in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT