ADVERTISEMENT

Sugar Bowl Halftime Update

both Oklahoma schools have set back the big 12 a few years...pathetic

Big 12: 1-3 with 3 left. Kansas State, West Virginia and TCU left to uphold conference honor.

OSU didn't even show up. Terrible effort. . . simply pathetic. A total embarassment for the Big 12.
I don't know. I think OSU just wasn't very good. They beat UT on a dropped snap. Rallied from 2 other games down double digits. Lost to BU with its 3rd string QB at home. In retrospect, I'm not sure which was the bigger upset this year - UT over OU, or OSU over TCU.

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
I don't know. I think OSU just wasn't very good. They beat UT on a dropped snap. Rallied from 2 other games down double digits. Lost to BU with its 3rd string QB at home. In retrospect, I'm not sure which was the bigger upset this year - UT over OU, or OSU over TCU.

I agree with this.

No, Florida
So aggy had the lone SEC west loss. Roger that. Docag, you seem like at least a semi-intellegent individual.... can you please explain the us luddites why the SEC is the only conference that chooses it's bowl match ups instead of each team accepting a bowl bid?

Please enlighten me a bit (that's as sincere as I can be)

"The Southeastern Conference has agreements with nine postseason bowls and a new process for the assignment of SEC member schools to bowl games
that began with the 2014 season and extending for six years."
link

• CFP committee fills any playoff bowl slots.
  • CITRUS BOWL (Orlando, FL) vs. Big 10 chooses any eligible SEC team.
Then, in the SEC: "the Conference, in consultation with the institutions and the bowls, will make the assignments for
these six bowl games from all eligible SEC teams."
  • Outback Bowl (Tampa, FL) vs. Big 10
  • TaxSlayer Bowl (Jacksonville, FL) vs. Big Ten/ACC
  • ESPN Music City Bowl (Nashville, TN) vs. ACC/Big Ten
  • ESPN Texas Bowl (Houston, TX) vs. Big 12
  • ESPN Belk Bowl (Charlotte, NC) vs. ACC
  • ESPN Liberty Bowl (Memphis, TN) vs. Big 12
These two bowls then choose from any remaining SEC teams (Birmingham makes first choice).
  • Birmingham Bowl (Birmingham, AL) vs. American chooses any remaining SEC team.
  • Independence Bowl (Shreveport, LA) vs. ACC chooses any remaining SEC team.
Finally, any “open bowl spot” outside the SEC contracted bowls and the two back up bowls can choose from remaining bowl eligible SEC teams.

Hook 'em

Thank you Hornosaruas.

Sooooo the next question becomes, why is the SEC allowed to do this AND are they the only conference that DOES this....... and if they are, then why? (I'm playing as dumb as I can possibly play here so ALL aggy posters can comprehend)

Clob....maybe you can dumb it down enough for aggy to respond....but asking them to understand??? crap man!...if you are shooting for impossible, ask for the winning power ball numbers

Reactions: BringBackRoyal
So aggy had the lone SEC west loss. Roger that. Docag, you seem like at least a semi-intellegent individual.... can you please explain the us luddites why the SEC is the only conference that chooses it's bowl match ups instead of each team accepting a bowl bid?

Please enlighten me a bit (that's as sincere as I can be)
I have nothing to enlighten you on clob. I would love to know the answer. I don't like it, but I don't think it changes how well the SEC has looked in the bowl games minus my Aggies and Florida just crapping the bed.

How
Stacking the deck in their favor and propaganda. It's not supernatural.

How are they stacking the deck? Tech was a Big 12 6 and LSU finished 4th in the West and 6th in the conference. SEC 6 was just better than Big 12 6.
Florida and Michigan were equally matched...on paper.
Oklahoma St was Big 12 number 2 and played Ole Miss

To save time with these games and the rest of what the SEC played, which match up are you saying the SEC stacked the deck in their favor? Which matchup are you saying is so lopsided in favor of the SEC? The only one I can see that I thought was a big mismatch was Arkansas vs Kansas St.

Well, they protect you girls from losing to your former Big XII mates every year now so there's that. Run away to Nashville again. lulz.

Well, they protect you girls from losing to your former Big XII mates every year now so there's that. Run away to Nashville again. lulz.
OU and West Virginia say hello. 2-0 since we left against the Big 12.

You ducked us last year and Tech this year. Even your conference mates were calling you out for cowardice last year when you had the chance to beat a down UT squad and were too chickensh*t. :D

Reactions: diadevic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT