ADVERTISEMENT

Sugar Bowl Recruiting Bump cause I'm stooopid

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
I don't really follow recruiting because it's a cluster fvck of 17-18 year old kids that care more about their brand than actually getting on a plane, touring a campus and the shagging the hostesses---- ahhhh the good old days.

With this win and with the second signing period coming up, who is left on the big board that we can grab? Bru, the last I heard, was swinging from Kingsbury's nut sack so I'm counting him out for the time being- but are there any legitimate four+ stars that hae not signed and that are re-evaluating their views on Texas?

Last edited:
Appealing to grad transfers for OL and at RB is our best hope. Hand has a lot to sell for OL grad transfers.

As I’m sure you’re aware, recruiting is pretty different from your era, when a cycle started in earnest after the end of the college regular season of a prospect’s senior year — that is, a little over two months before NSD. These days, coaches are in constant contact with recruits starting almost two years before their eventual NSD.

One bowl game outcome matters very little in comparison to two years of relationship-building between recruits and coaches. It may serve as the tiniest of tiebreakers in rare cases for a recruit who is already deeply interested and genuinely torn. Odds are it will have no effect on any 2019 recruit for Texas. It matters much, much more for those recruits in future cycles who are at most still in the early stages of getting to know coaches on different staffs.

As Longyac suggested, it may carry relatively more weight for grad transfer prospects, since the relationship-building period with new staffs is very brief, and since the projected on-field team performance for the following year matters more. But I wouldn’t really expect it to mean much of anything for NSD2.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT