ADVERTISEMENT

TBT: Mack Brown

JC Long! You trying to jinx this weekends game..

dangerfield-rodney_zpsa9650092.jpg

You need a hamburger!

safe_imagephp_zps633070d0.jpg

Hook'em

Last edited:
Well said, Fresh. Mack was a great asset while at Texas. The only coach that was better was DKR.

While I’d take Mack’s peak years again in a New York minute, this unfortunately says more about our modern history of underachievement than it does about Mack Brown.

Truth be told, I met Mack here ibn CC, at a longhorn event and talked to him, he is a ok guy as far as that goes and he does know FB also, but, with me the end should always reflect the beginning and if ya can't make it all classy, that means you had to "Kiss the Baby" somewhere along the line and that one thing did you in..there are a lot of MB fans still alive but, there's more not MB fans or he would have still been here, I believe CDC said watching Herman was ok as long as he's winning , but I come to find out that any Coach in FB is subject to that rule, them last yrs is what killed MB , not anything else, everything else was picture perfect.. but, FB coaching is unforgiving to any coach if ya don't stay on top, now that I have seen Herman play, I think he might make it actually, supposedly if he keeps winning and getting good recruits,as to when the music stops in coaching , you need to have a chair to sit in.

Funny..Coaching is just like Life, when ya winning everyone loves till ya start losing and nobody seems to know you!

Hook'em

Last edited:
Just a comparison. Nothing more, nothing less.

DKR:
20yrs @ TX
219 games (167-47-5) .774 win%
8-7-1 in bowl games
3 NCs, 11 SWC CCs

MB:
16yrs @ TX
206 games (158-48-0) .767 win%
10-5 in bowl games
1 NC, 2 B12 CCs

Can't really compare yearly records due to we play more games now but 9 wins and 13 games played separate them at Texas. Obviously DKR had more NCs & CCs as well.
We have been truly lucky to have had these two amazing HOF coaches.

It don't matter anymore as the best coach , regardless we had to start over, CS couldn't handle and Herman trying to. but, we are far from being back, you got to go 3 or 4 yrs in the Top 10 every year and more to say we are back, but, after OU, I am encouraged about Herman, but, remember after beating OU CS took a nose dive from hell,,I am one game at a time now and see what happens

Hook'em

It don't matter anymore as the best coach , regardless we had to start over, CS couldn't handle and Herman trying to. but, we are far from being back, you got to go 3 or 4 yrs in the Top 10 every year and more to say we are back, but, after OU, I am encouraged about Herman, but, remember after beating OU CS took a nose dive from hell,,I am one game at a time now and see what happens

Hook'em

Difference so far Herman has started a season 5-1. CS never did that also could never beat multiple ranked opponents. Long season so I’ll let it ride out but TH has this team fighting and not quiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT