ADVERTISEMENT

TCU: random thoughts now that I'm drinking...

clob94

Aug 25, 2014
2014 tcu > 2015 tcu
2014 tcu 48 - texas 10
2015 tcu 50 - texas 7

Conclusion: we aren't getting better. Not even close. I paid to see "improvement" on any level. Point and tell me where we have improved. I am all ears.

Charlie Strong = discipline

Punters that can't punt, long snappers that can't snap, kickers that can't kick, wrs that can't catch = mental mistakes.

Mental mistakes = lack of discipline

Charlie strong = respect

When a freshman face times on his phone at halftime last week then tweets about transferring to another school during this week's beatdown = lack of respect. Respect is earned.

Excuses: we play a lot of freshman.
Counter: so did tcu today, on defense, because 6 starters were suspended. Those freshman made plays. Our class was ranked higher.

Charlie strong = toughness

Chris Spielman is one of the toughest guys that ever played. When he looks at your team and says "Texas isn't tough enough. They need to get a lot tougher" --- and we were getting a rep for being "soft" under mack......

Vance Bedford after the game "we need to continue to get better". Vance, bro, I love you but, we need to START getting better. It's been 18 games bud. We ain't continuing sh!t except getting our asses planted.

"Just give charlie time. He inherited a dumpster fire!"
Jim harbaugh and his top 25 ranking say "hello!".

"5 loss Texas teams are unacceptable. There will never be another 5 loss team under my watch." Does that mean we're guaranteed to win out?

"You can't expect us to turn it around overnight!"
Jim harbaugh just poked his head back in the room again.

"Shaun Watson is an offensive guru and qb whisperer." Not even going to touch that one.

"Be patient. We are improving." where? Point to one place where we are improving. One.

"Joe Wickline is an O line guru." Two things: 1. I guess we should cut that check to Ok st now that it's public knowledge Norvell is calling plays. 2. The O line hasn't improved at all. Guru?

Just some random thoughts.

1. Clob, how long has TCU been top ten good? 2 years.

2. How long has Patterson been a coach at TCU? Since fran?

Texas is finishing a process of collapsing after having really good teams. It happens and in our case we have had some really bad fortunes with players. Having a new coach for 2 years and 1 recruiting class are not going to change it. We are hitting bottom and will prolly have a relapse or 2 on the way up. It's going to take time. Oh and by the way, lay off the sauce... You'll thank me tomorrow.

Jim harbaugh says "hello again".

Bob stoops says "I love eating bags of d!cks" after winning a national title in year two.

Jim Mora and his 33-11 record and top 10 ranking just waved.

Clob keep away from the flame thrower until you sober up!! I'd hate for you to burn something down that you may regret later!!:)

1. Clob, how long has TCU been top ten good? 2 years.

2. How long has Patterson been a coach at TCU? Since fran?

Texas is finishing a process of collapsing after having really good teams. It happens and in our case we have had some really bad fortunes with players. Having a new coach for 2 years and 1 recruiting class are not going to change it. We are hitting bottom and will prolly have a relapse or 2 on the way up. It's going to take time. Oh and by the way, lay off the sauce... You'll thank me tomorrow.
Patterson has been at TCU 16 years.,knows how to build a team,I do not feel Texas does.TCu has been in the top 15 several times.Fran taught him how.

My nebraska buddy just called me and offered a straight up trade. Mike Riley for charlie.

Should I take it?

Anyone else think Strong is regretting dismissing half the team last year? Sure could use some experienced players right now.

I have been on the Strong bandwagon 100% until today. At the beginning of the year I thought we would have been 3 and 2 at this point. With the talent we have we should be 3-2 at this point. We have had one dumb mistake and stupid penalty after another. Strong looks lost and confused on the sideline and this D is Manny _iaz bad. Poor Gap control backers going the wrong way. secondary cant cover. Its bad and if there isn't vast improvement Strong needs to be shown the door at the end of the year. After seeing the improvement at Michigan and Florida I see no reason to think that those things couldn't happen here. If you want a spread guy go open up the brinks truck for Chip Kelly if he says no go after Chad Morris, If you want a pro guy go get Pep Hamilton.

Reactions: CFB09 and swVAHorn
Guys, it's over. Experiment via patterson failed. He had an agenda. Please realize that.

How long would this Texas losing record last at a school like Ohio State,Michigan,Alabama,Florida,Lsu, OU? Its not only losing but it is the way they are losing that is just hard to take.

Texas 's problem is YOUTH.....way too many of the Horns best players are true frosh. And with as many as there are playing key roles, inexperience, etc is going to show. Texas has some terrific YOUNG talent that is learning something new EVERY game, whether it appears so or not. And the results may not show this year---but the pain of this season is going to lessen as this core group of very talented athletes gains more strength and maturity on the field.....it did with DKR and it will again...........

How long would this Texas losing record last at a school like Ohio State,Michigan,Alabama,Florida,Lsu, OU? Its not only losing but it is the way they are losing that is just hard to take.
In Norman, it lasted thru 3 years of john blake, 1 yr of Howard Schnellenberger, and 6 yrs of Gary Gibbs......

Mack Brown years 2010 to 2014 was our Gary Gibb. And I think Charlie Strong is our John Blake (not racial). We aren't stupid enough to hire a lush like Schnell so I think Texas will get one of about 5 guys to come in and turn this around.

Chip Kelly, Mark DAntonio, John Harbaugh, Jon Gruden, or Jim Mora.

Texas is young yes. See Holton Hill. In position many times but got beat by a vet. I can live with some of that. What is hard to swallow is to see guys who are for some reason not in a position to make a play. Look at how many times we lose gap responsibility or coverage mistakes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT