ADVERTISEMENT

Texas 32nd in Coaches Preseason Poll

I do too as is evidenced by Baylor even being ranked after all the shit coming out of waco.

Speaking of Baylor, they are the reason I am against preseason polls now. They get ranked, without playing a game, then beat 4-5 FCS/Sun Belt teams, then bolt into the top 5. Then somebody comes along (we will use OU for this argument) & beats them. Then the CFP members say "well, OU beat a top 5 team."
Did they really?
Last year TCU, Baylor & Okie St. all played nobody for 6-7 weeks, but we're all "top 10 teams OU beat" because they were preseason ranked & undefeated. So they basically went 2 months without earning a thing.
Sorry for the rambling.

Reactions: K2C Sooner
Speaking of Baylor, they are the reason I am against preseason polls now. They get ranked, without playing a game, then beat 4-5 FCS/Sun Belt teams, then bolt into the top 5. Then somebody comes along (we will use OU for this argument) & beats them. Then the CFP members say "well, OU beat a top 5 team."
Did they really?
Last year TCU, Baylor & Okie St. all played nobody for 6-7 weeks, but we're all "top 10 teams OU beat" because they were preseason ranked & undefeated. So they basically went 2 months without earning a thing.
Sorry for the rambling.
Wha????

Don't you know that's how atm used to do it? They'd eek by Louisiana monroe- then la tech, then arky st- and Boom! They are top 15. Then LSU stomps a mud hole in them.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT