ADVERTISEMENT

Texas Defense Will Be Better This Year Than Last Year & Hold It's Own With The Offense - Prove Me Wrong

mortgagehorn

Your Favorite Loan Officer
Gold Member
Jan 5, 2004
Lots of Reasons -

1. Let's address right out of the gate the "Assumed Deficiency" at the DT Position - ok we lost two allsome players - no doubt. But I think the coaching the new guys are getting is getting the recognition deserved - look at the practice reports - do you see/hear panic? Instead of two superstars Texas can go 6 deep, keep guys fresh, and have situational players depending on down/distance. I think this group is biggest positive surprise of the season. Been saying it since day 1 - Alex January is going to excel in this Defense.

2. The Edge finally we are at a point to reek havoc and get constant pressure on QBs with lots of speed to contain runners on the outside. We are 6+ deep at this position. We can't just bring pressure from one side - both DE on opposite sides of the line are 3 deep are guys that can get to QB

3. Linebacker is thin though I feel more talented than last year - Hill is going to have a monster year - Gbenda came back to prove something - Lefeau getting lots of praise and Blackwell is a solid back up.

4. DB's the starting 4 have much more experience - safety with Mukuba is much faster - again look at the 2 Deep solid and 3 deep - yes some are true freshman though are getting praise and some of the best of the best in the nation in HS & Rankings

5. Coaching - I think the new LB coach is awesome and loves to attack. DT coach - yes he has to learn to recruit, but Sark has a great track record picking assistants - look most on here including me had doubts about PK - and look at our D much better than any D in the last 14 years - again what are you seeing in practice reports about DTs - it's all good no panic - seems to be getting the most out of his players and developing them. Now with the Edge as the strength of the D along with very good LB play, and more experienced/better DBs I think we see PK get very aggressive.

Bonus reason - practice these guys have to go up against likely the top OL in the nation, a top 2 receiving corps, a 3rd year QB that is in Heisman contention. Even our #2's are good at QB O line, WR. How many teams have an offense as good as Texas - Ohio State, Georgia, and if Texas isn't next in that list they are damn close.

Hook 'Em!

MH

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.