ADVERTISEMENT

Texas' intro music for home football games

westx

Dec 6, 2009
Saw a couple of tweets by this guy. I kind of like it. There are other songs that could also be very good. Hell's Bells just doesn't do it for me. What do you guys think?

1st Post:

His follow up post:

That would be BAD ASS!! Although there is something to be said for all the lights going off and the bells starting to hit, the connection of having one of our own playing the intro for the team just feels right.

Along these lines what do you guys think about switching up the uniforms for a game? The long time traditional powers are starting to do it even Notre Dame.

Say wearing orange pants at Michigan?

Along these lines what do you guys think about switching up the uniforms for a game? The long time traditional powers are starting to do it even Notre Dame.

Say wearing orange pants at Michigan?
I can’t picture orange pants in my mind, well, in a way that would look good. But, I am not against having some kind of “alt”. I have yet to see anything that would be worth doing. As long as we don’t do something just for the sake of doing it. Oregon does a great job on the “alts”. ASU’s alts look good as well. Not many others catch my eye. Blowu’s aren’t horrible for being ou

I can’t picture orange pants in my mind, well, in a way that would look good. But, I am not against having some kind of “alt”. I have yet to see anything that would be worth doing. As long as we don’t do something just for the sake of doing it. Oregon does a great job on the “alts”. ASU’s alts look good as well. Not many others catch my eye. Blowu’s aren’t horrible for being ou
Let me let you know......

Back in the 90s-- there was a literal BEG session involving some players- Coach Mackoprick and DeLoss.
The ask was "can we wear special orange pants for the LAST SWC season or the FIRST Big 12 season".
Just once. One game. White top. Orange top. Didn't matter.
I did think the orange on orange would look dope as fvck....
Anyway-
DeLoss basically said "no fvcking way in hell".
"Allegedly" he ran it up the flagpole with the super powers that be-- knowing already what answer he was going to get- and as far as I know it was such a stern response that the subject has never been broached again.
By anybody.

Let me let you know......

Back in the 90s-- there was a literal BEG session involving some players- Coach Mackoprick and DeLoss.
The ask was "can we wear special orange pants for the LAST SWC season or the FIRST Big 12 season".
Just once. One game. White top. Orange top. Didn't matter.
I did think the orange on orange would look dope as fvck....
Anyway-
DeLoss basically said "no fvcking way in hell".
"Allegedly" he ran it up the flagpole with the super powers that be-- knowing already what answer he was going to get- and as far as I know it was such a stern response that the subject has never been broached again.
By anybody.

Now that it is almost 30 years later and so many teams are doing it, I can see where it is a possibility. Especially, if Sark begins to push for it. I still can't see orange pants looking good. I saw a long time ago a "whitish-light silverish" helmet with the same burnt orange longhorn. I thought it looked pretty awesome. I couldn't find a pic to attach to this thread

Last edited:
I don’t see Sark pushing for it. He seems to be modeling his coaching style / program philosophy more and more after Little Satan. I think he will push the “honor the ones that came before” model over the “I’m the new school, cool coach” approach. At least I hope.

Reactions: freeper
Now that it is almost 30 years later and so many teams are doing it, I can see where it is a possibility. Especially, if Sark begins to push for it. I still can't see orange pants looking good. I saw a long time ago a "whitish-light silverish" helmet with the same burnt orange longhorn. I thought it looked pretty awesome. I couldn't find a pic to attach to this thread
Maybe all black unis with an orange helmet and a white hookem?

I found these. Pretty damn awesome. ;)
kerry.jpeg

50d868588c8e8185b7c92154fcf278ec.jpg

im honestly not a big fan of hells bells. Good song just for a intro? meh..I want something more. Enter sandman like Virginia Tech lol That Shyt is crazy

Reactions: westx
This was previously discussed topic. I’m tired of hells bells as well. I put “Kick start your heart” intro as my suggestion.

is there a way to fuse to songs together. I have always thought that the very beginning of Dr Feelgood would be a very good sound that lets everybody in the stadium know that the Texas Longhorns are in the tunnel and ready to take the field. Unfortunately, the rif that follows is okay, but not good enough, imo, to run onto the field. Listen to the first 30 seconds

Reactions: Oldmanastro
This was previously discussed topic. I’m tired of hells bells as well. I put “Kick start your heart” intro as my suggestion.
Kickstart my Heart would definitely be bad ass but I still go with the SRV version of Voodoo Child. He cut his teeth on 6th Street so he’s one of our own.

Stevie version of voodoo child is good, but nothing like the original maker of the song Jimi making that guitar scream and weep.
While I would agree with you from a pure instrumental perspective, I still say Stevie’s version fits due to his Austin connection.

Yep. But Jimi made “All along the watchtower” unforgettable. Dylan’s version was just another hippy song. Hendrix blew it up. I’m not saying SRV did that to Voodoo Child by any means. I’m just saying his twist of Texas blues put a different spin on it. He didn’t try to be Hendrix. He basically said, this is my version. F$&k you if you don’t like it.

Not a big Hendryx fan. I like All Along… and Hey Joe. SRV ‘s gets my vote for the better version if Voodoo

Love me some SRV blaring his version of Voodoo Child. Great intro to set the tone for the home crowd.

I’ve also been a huge fan of The Who and Join Together was our intro song for HS basketball games back in the’80s and damn it would light us up!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT