ADVERTISEMENT

Texas vs Snyder U pre and game thread

i truly hope that this is the turning point game for Texas. Learning how to win is a big deal. Expecting to win is a big deal.

PJ Locke was beaten all night from what I saw. I would put 31 back in and give him a shot.
Pj should be given the old moniker of "charcoal". He burnt.

Reactions: swVAHorn
I agree. When he touches it you can just see that if he gets a LITTLE daylight he could take it to the house. I like how he gets the ball and sticks his foot in the ground and RUNS. I worry about the fumbling because of the spring game and what Herman has said but he is worth it......He was doing GREAT and then he just disappeared. It will make you grind your teeth.
I like how he runs low and always seems to get an extra yd when he's hit. Those add up over a game.

Herman like most coaches doesn’t like to play rookies or Freshman you can tell with the way he’s handled Sam and Carter. They ovbiously like Sam a lot and just by the way they talk about him you can tell they tend to think he might be the future. Yet Herman has always leans toward Shane and the expierence. Kinda does the same thing with Carter. Of the 3 RBs he’s shown the most explosiveness so far. Yet Warren and Porter continue to get the bulk of the work. Herman clearly will always lean toward the older player till forced not to.

I will say though if Herman wants to have an 8-10 win season maybe pull an upset or two Sam and Carter’s explosive potential and play making ability is probably what’s going to give that a chance to happen.

I agree. When he touches it you can just see that if he gets a LITTLE daylight he could take it to the house. I like how he gets the ball and sticks his foot in the ground and RUNS. I worry about the fumbling because of the spring game and what Herman has said but he is worth it......He was doing GREAT and then he just disappeared. It will make you grind your teeth.

He did well in pass blocking too

I'm happy with the offense last night. 400+ yards against KSU is respectable. Need a field goal kicker though. I thought the play calling was pretty good. Especially the adjustments to their blitzes. The defense didn't have their best showing but played hard. The O line had a good day I thought, hardly no penalties. Nice win

I sympathize with how people feel about Josh Rowland. As a fg kicker the numbers speak for themselves. But he had seven kickoffs and at least four of them were touchbacks and another was about 4 yards deep and KSU decided to run it out. And those are just the ones I remember.

So as far as his deficiencies as a.fg kicker go I do appreciate that he does that. Winning breeds confidence and I'm optimistic that guys like Rowland, Porter and others will raise their game

Pj should be given the old moniker of "charcoal". He burnt.
The thing we have to learn is that TH is loyal to his MAIN kids and if you haven't guess it, PJ and Porter are his main kids. No matter what, he's going to continue to use them till the wheels fall off

I'm happy with the offense last night. 400+ yards against KSU is respectable. Need a field goal kicker though. I thought the play calling was pretty good. Especially the adjustments to their blitzes. The defense didn't have their best showing but played hard. The O line had a good day I thought, hardly no penalties. Nice win
I didn't like seeing Sam running the ball on the 4 yrd line at least 5 times. Should have used a power formation with an option to pass out of it. We don't need him hurt either

Herman knows how to do things right. Well done UT.

http://www.wibw.com/content/news/Texas-signs-birthday-card-for-Bill-Snyder-449997733.html

Bill+Snyder+Card.jpg

Classy move by the UT staff in having entire staff and team sign a birthday card for The Purple Wizard as Saturday was his 78th birthday.

Reactions: westx
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT