ADVERTISEMENT

This Is What We Are To Believe?

Get Low

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2006
Any otherwise good person could get caught in a bad situation and make a poor decision. One that they and history would later condemn. I think we can all understand that. What I cannot understand is this.

Jeff Sessions is a Republican appointed by a Republican and a law and order, Boy Scout type. Rod Rosentstein is a Republican appointed by a Republican and a law and order, Boy Scout type. Chris Wray is a Republican appointed by a Republican and a law and order type. Robert Mueller is a Republican appointed by a Republican and a by every account, a by the book law and order type. Each and every one of these men have long distinguished careers and have sworn to uphold the Constitution and the rule of law.

These men were not caught in some snap decision that is now questionable. They get up every day under tremendous pressure from the White House, from Congress and from the media. Nearly everything they do must be scrutinized and approved by various independent federal judges. They know that their actions will bear total and complete scrutiny and the judgment of history. And yet, they get up every day and carry on with this investigation knowing that they could wrap this up anytime if it appears to be a dead end or is veering off the legal path.

In that context, if I read this board, listen to Fox News or any key member of the House Intelligence Committee I am being asked to believe that all of these men are perverting the law, ignoring history and the Constitution, lying, and manipulating to carry out a near evil task to bring down the very President that put them all in these positions of power. They fight on everyday to throw their lives and legacies away, because why? Then, while we must accept the temporary insanity of Sessions, Rosenstein, Wray and Mueller, we must then accept as honorable and truthful, Trump, Manafort, Flynn, Kushner, Bannon, Cohen, Stone, et al.

Think about all this and consider that if a person that knew the full truth put a gun to your head and said that to live you must choose correctly, Trump or Mueller? What would you say?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News