ADVERTISEMENT

This years recruiting class......

It fills a few holes to fit the new staffs scheme and we still have 70 bodies on the current roster.

I like Ehlinger, The JUCO LB Johnson, Carter and Young at RB, The TE additions of Brewer and Leitao and the addition of a JUCO Kicker that were glaring holes in the depth chart.

I guess keeping Graham was a big plus.

It's not awful all circumstances considered but Herman will definitely need to bring in a strong 18 class.

Hard to come in at the end of a bad year (or bad few years) and put a good class together. Especially with few scholarships to give. It will be interesting to see how well he gets your players to improve. I think this year is just a blip on the radar.

If Texas starts winning, the recruiting will pick back up. You're the flagship university of a football rich state. Kids will want to go there just because of who you guys are.

Reactions: Bwilk55
Sooooooo anybody else look at our class and go "meh"?

Our cumulative ranking is 31, our highest ranking is 25.....our lowest is like 34. I'm not sure how much sunshine pumping will help....

It's not sunshine pumping if you base everything in historical reality. Harbaugh's first class at Michigan finished 37th. His last two were top 10. Charlie Weis took over at Notre Dame with a class in the 30s, then brought in the 4th and 6th classes.

There simply isn't a lot of examples of new coaches taking over programs on a downslide that hit their first recruiting class out of the park, especially one that entered December with 6 academically eligible commits.

uhhh...we took 18..... The only reason OU and ATM are in the top 12 is because they took 27 each. You will just not have a top 10 class unless you are tOSU , Bama.....I wonder how Stanford got 3 - 5 stars..hmm.. must be that academic thing. They pulled a 5 star texas guy and a 4 star.

http://247sports.com/Season/2017-Football/CompositeTeamRankings
Sorry wrong. Rivals only uses the top 20 recruits in team rankings. Also OU has a higher avg star ranking. Anymore "hot takes"?

Reactions: Heisennberg
sorry dipstick, guess you cant follow the link. Try again.
Oh the 247 rankings fit your agenda this time? They are considered the worst rankings in the industry for a reason. Whatever makes you feel better.

You should check out the Al Jazeera top 100.

247 has long since passed up Rival Mike rankings. Hell, they just bought scout as well.

Oh, but we're on a Rivals site and you're a new troll. Yippie

Last edited:
Go to Burntorangenation.com and you can see some of the recruits on film and do not miss "the general".I would like to hear some remarks after viewing.

I know one thing, press conferences and radio interviews are like night and day from Strong to Herman. I never knew what the heck Charlie was trying to say. Herman's presentation is crystal clear, laser focused, and he sounds sure of how to execute his plan.

You will just not have a top 10 class unless you are tOSU , Bama.....
Alabama and Ohio State take up all 10 slots in a top ten?

Just messing with you. But you're not far off. In the last seven years, only 20 teams ever finished in the Rivals top ten team rankings. That's about six or seven regulars each year, with a few teams sprinkled in for good measure.

Are you going to the PFFO conference next week?

Sooooooo anybody else look at our class and go "meh"?

Our cumulative ranking is 31, our highest ranking is 25.....our lowest is like 34. I'm not sure how much sunshine pumping will help....

The class stinks. 3 or 4 starters in the bunch, max. I heard all this noise about how these new UT coaches are supposed to dominate at recruiting. I'm seriously not impressed. Not 1 stud on the OL or DL. Right now, I don't have a good feeling for TH and company.

Reactions: TEKSIS
The class stinks. 3 or 4 starters in the bunch, max. I heard all this noise about how these new UT coaches are supposed to dominate at recruiting. I'm seriously not impressed. Not 1 stud on the OL or DL. Right now, I don't have a good feeling for TH and company.

This is not the time to judge this coaching staff in terms of recruiting. It's like judging a basketball team that only got to play the 4th quarter. Save the judgement until at least next year.

This class is a blimp on the radar if you're trying to get a feel for Herman and Company. HE has plenty of Jimmies and Joes to put his X's and O's to work with based on the top 15 talent as a program that are currently enrolled. He has 70 kids from the last 3-4 recruiting classes to win with. The 18 he just brought in shouldn't even be in the discussion outside of a couple to contribute this year and by a couple I'm talking Ehlinger who should RS, The JUCO Kicker, JUCO DT and JUCO LB along with at least one TE and possibly Graham/Carter/Young.

Last edited:
Oh the 247 rankings fit your agenda this time? They are considered the worst rankings in the industry for a reason. Whatever makes you feel better.

You should check out the Al Jazeera top 100.
Yes, you inbread no tooth butt licking monkey....rivals rankings have not been the norm for a long time. That is why the big boys around her are talking about crystal balls...and that does not mean the balls between my legs. Nice try though noob...

on another note, from a sensible poster at texags...

Here is a list of the Universities and number of recruits they got from the Top 30 in Texas.

1. Oklahoma - 5
2. Texas - 3 (potentially 4)
3. Ohio State - 3
4. TCU - 3
5. LSU -2 (potentially 3)
6. Texas A&M - 2
7. Stanford - 2
8. Notre Dame - 1
9. Texas Tech - 1
10. Alabama - 1
11. USC - 1
12. Michigan - 1
13. Oklahoma State - 1
14. Arizona State - 1
15. Arkansas (potentially 1)

Alabama and Ohio State take up all 10 slots in a top ten?

Just messing with you. But you're not far off. In the last seven years, only 20 teams ever finished in the Rivals top ten team rankings. That's about six or seven regulars each year, with a few teams sprinkled in for good measure.

Are you going to the PFFO conference next week?
Hey Micco....how have you been ? No, I usually just do the OSFA Convention and FDIC in Indianapolis. I promoted to Captain last August, plus I have a new position that has me so busy that sometimes I cant think straight ;) OU had a pretty nice class this year, they said on the radio that it might be best since 2010 . You guys will be tough for a few more years.

Congrats on your new promotion. I'm headed to the PFFO conference...dont usually get to do the OSFA one. Good luck in your new position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT