ADVERTISEMENT

Thoughts regarding 2024 offensive line recruiting

BattleshipTexas

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2001
Thoughts regarding 2024 offensive line recruiting. Obviously we have a great OT in Baker, a project at guard in Kibble 306 lbs and a projected center in Cruz. Another OL in 2024 would be good, but if not, 2025 is a good year for OL in Texas and the area.

You can see the type of OL that Texas wants. We coveted 345 lb Carter that went to Auburn. We really wanted 330 lb Daniel Calhoun that went to Georgia. Although he is a bit lighter, we liked the Aggies Weston Davis. Also the 6ft8, 310 lb Ory Williams that went to LSU. 325 lb Bennett Warren who went to Tennessee visited Texas three times. See a type?

Texas showed only mild interest in some highly rated local OL who went elsewhere. Especially Frasier, the light 260 lb OT from Austin, Tx going to Michigan who was a top 100 player. Sure he had ties to Michigan that would be hard to overcome, but I think the 260 lb issue made us not care as much. Ashton Funk at 275 lbs (107 nationally) to A&M and Casey Poe at 290 lbs (132 nationally) going to Alabama didn't get too much Texas attention. Funk not even an offer and Poe just minimal contact. If we were going to steal an Aggie 2024 OL recruit, it would best be 330 lb guard Isendre Ahfua.

Anyway, I think the interesting thing is the light, but highly rated 2024 Texas high school offensive lineman that Texas ignored. I would not be surprised if we took a senior portal guy to start on the line next season, then leave to make way for a great 2025 OL class. It will be interesting to see who Texas prioritizes among Fasusi, Rogers, Haywood, Odoms, Schram, Coleman, Bordelon, Beckley and Carty (all 2025 4-star OL in Texas or La.)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News