Three quarterback notes from Saturday's Elite Camp ...

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Over the course of yesterday and today, I've been able to connect with the three "headliner" quarterbacks that attended UT's Elite Camp on Saturday. I'll have more in my 3-2-1 but some notes on each guy ...

The No. 4-ranked QB in the 2026 class (No. 2-ranked dual-threat QB) tells me it was a great camp, including the chance to get some hands-on coaching from Steve Sarkisian and AJ Milwee. This visit marked the third time that Bell, the son of former NBA standout Raja Bell, has been on the Texas campus. Bell brought his mother on this trip, her first time to UT, so that's worth noting.

He doesn't necessarily have a list but said Texas is one of his top schools. Trips to Florida State (June 9), Ohio State (June 11), LSU (June 13) and Miami (June 16) are coming up.

Bell isn't on a firm schedule to have a decision but understands that QB recruiting can move pretty quickly so a decision this summer isn't out of the question at all.

The Cali product has been a regular visitor to Texas, with this camp visit being his fourth stop by the Forty Acres. He was also on campus back in April.

Huhn and his mother got a chance to sit down with Sark and he said they had a good conversation and Sark answered any questions they had. I've said for a while that if Texas pushes for a commitment here, I thought Huhn might be the QB in the 2026 class. With him and Bell, it'll be interesting to see how those dominoes fall. Huhn understands that quarterback recruiting can really snowball in a hurry, so I don't see him waiting a long time to make a decision. He does have upcoming visits planned to Clemson, Auburn, Michigan and Penn State but the four-star Huhn really does like Texas, as his repeated visits would indicate.

Rivals100 QB Jaden O'Neal left Austin without an offer. He was very professional about it but you could tell there was a sense of disappointment from those close to him. He'll visit Oklahoma next week and a commitment to OU isn't out of the question. That one feels more like when it will happen rather than if. O'Neal even had an OU backpack yesterday at the UT camp.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.