Today I turn 50. Please read.

txlonghorn4x4

Bon Vivant and Raconteur
Gold Member
Apr 13, 2002
Katy, Tx
Good morning fellow OBs! Today I turn 50. Milestone for some, the downward slide for others. Not posting this for Happy Birthday wishes, because Collin Simmons granted me those yesterday, but moreso to once again advocate for organ donation.

3 years ago, I didn't think I'd be alive to see this day. It was a normal Wedensday evening, and I had just finished leading a ZOOM call for my team. Got up to head to the kitchen and make dinner, and the next thing I knew I woke up in the hallway an hour later after blacking out. My legs didn't work, and I knew something was seriously wrong. Was able to army crawl and grab my phone, and had my Dad run me to the ER.

Long story short, my body was in septic shock, and I spent the next two months at Methodist. 11 months of hospitalization, 13 surgeries, and two transplants later her I sit, healthy as I can possibly be and leading a totally normal life. An empowered life.

None of this would be possible without the gift from 2 angels(kidney and liver) and I praise those angels daily.

So today, which I consider the second birthday of my new life, I implore you to consider organ donation. For those who already are, thank you. For those who aren't, at least consider it. Your donation can save 8 lives, and impact up to 75 others(blood vessels, skin, etc.) I know the stigma surrounbding organ donation, but you cant use them in the afterlife.

Anyhow, I love this community and have been here for 20+ years, and I fully expect to make it another 20.

In death, life. Donate life. Thanks friends and Hook 'Em!

128502464-banner-with-hope-lettering-and-symbol-of-organ-transplant-and-organ-donation-awareness-realistic.jpg

Last edited:

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.