ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (4-18)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
What sort of God would it be, who only pushed from without?
~~~~~~~~ Goethe

For the most part, we would prefer being led than pushed. When pushed, it's often our first response to push back, regardless of who or what is doing the pushing. We claim that we want to know God's Will for our lives---tell me what to do, give me a sign! But what if He's trying to tell us, and with all our pushing back, we miss both the message and the messenger? An unresolved feeling we have in our life about health, money, work, whatever, might be carrying a message. Maybe God His Ownself has applied a pinprick to our consciousness, "pushing" us from within. Those who are in a program of recovery learn to sharpen their ability to discern God's Will. Sometimes a niggling problem is a thinly disguised spiritual message, and if we stop trying so very hard to push back, we are far more likely to find room to grow wiser and stronger.

My prayer for us all this day is to set aside our knee-jerk habit of pushing back, at least for a while, to allow our hearts and minds to receive His messages.

Blessings,
NT
Isaiah 30:21
In memory of Allen Jones, who learned to stop pushing back quite so hard.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News