ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (5-14)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Fear not that life shall come to an end, but rather fear that it shall never have a beginning.
~~~~~~~~~~~ J. H. Newman

Here's what I know: It's May 14. May. This year is more than one-third over. History may repeat itself, but the first four months of 2024 aren't coming back. For me personally, while I don't make new year's resolutions, I do (or did) have some plans for '24, as I transition into some new pursuits. But so far, about the only things I've changed are clothes and underwear. "Well, you know, I have been pretty busy" I tell myself. Child, please.

Inertia? Fear? Like The Eagles asked, "Did [we] get tired or did [we] just get lazy?" (Lyin' Eyes)

Look, there's nothing wrong with being a tad cautious about the unknown, but if that caution turns into fear, we're losing the battle. The way to keep that from happening is to take action, using the faith that we won't encounter anything that we and He can't handle. Unknowns are nothing more than joys we've yet to meet. We hold the keys to our own cages, if we'll summon the strength and willpower to use them. The words "Fear not" appear in the Bible more than 300 times. I think He's serious about that.

Off your a** and on your feet.

Blessings lads and lasses.
NT
Luke 12:32
PS Since there's a musical reference, here's a shout-out to @smileartisan our resident musician and vocalist!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News