ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (5-28)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
I once was lost but now am found; was blind but now I see.
~~~~~~~~ Amazing Grace, John Newton

Ever been lost? And by "lost," I don't mean some existential concept or question; I'm talking about no GPS, pitch dark, stormy, turned the wrong way, where the **** are we??!! The kind of lost where you start to think you're hearing banjo music. Lost, enhanced by a healthy dose of fear. That kind of lost.

At the NT house, we don't sail the seas, but we do venture out on Lake Travis every chance we get, even at "low tide" like it is now. Some years ago, we stayed too long at one of the eateries on the lake. As we headed back to the marina, it was already dark, and clouds and rain made it darker. Really dark, and the mood of others on board ranged from mildly apprehensive, to homicidal, staring at me like jackals.

Then I remembered the buoys. When the lake was formed, marker buoys were placed within the original channel of the river, at regular intervals, alternating red and green in color, and fitted with lights at their tops. You may not always be in the deepest water available, but if you go from buoy to buoy, you'll always have enough water to avoid running aground. Follow those lights, you'll reach safety, because those buoys and lights are different from everything else. They'll lead you home.

In the original Hebrew, the word "holy" meant "to cut" or "to set apart from." A cut above. Like God Himself, and much like those buoys (only better), His light is different from all others. It will lead us safely home.

Blessings on this Tuesday, which in our work lives, is masquerading as a Monday.

Prayers and best wishes,
NT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News