ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (5-31)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Good and evil both increase at compound interest. That is why the little decisions you and I make every day are of such infinite importance.
~~~~~~~~~~~ C. S. Lewis

(Sorry TG is running late this morning; I'm apparently not in my write mind, or maybe my write hand is broken)

We've talked here many times about the impossibility of perfection, and how the fear of imperfection keeps us from trying our best. We'd do well to remember that God made man in His IMAGE. Nowhere is it written that God made us to be exactly like Him. We all have faults and imperfections. That must be true because we sure don't have any trouble finding those imperfections in other people. Oops. We're also pretty quick to escape responsibility for our poor behaviors by shrugging our shoulders and saying "Well, nobody's perfect."

In the spiritual journey of our lives, we begin with the truism that no one ever achieves perfection, but we must also come to grips with the fact that we must be accountable. We must impose standards for our behavior, and hold ourselves to them. When we don't, we need to admit our mistakes, then make repairs where we can. Being human is a privilege, not an excuse.

We are Divine creations, and as such we ought not let our faults define us. Good decisions are very often the end result of what we've learned by making poor decisions. The Psalmist tells us that "Though we fall, we will not be utterly cast down, for the Lord will uphold us." Ps 37: 24.

Blessings,
NT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News