ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (6-1)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
I do not at all understand the mystery of Grace---only that it meets us where we are but does not leave us where it found us.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Anne Lamott

It's been several years now since DippyDawg started this daily thread. It was a project that helped him to help others, mostly devoted to recovery from alcoholism and other addictions. But then a funny thing happened: other OBers began to find the Grace he was peddling, and we all began to see that in so many ways as we look around, we recognize that "There, but for the Grace of God, go I." We---all of us---began to realize that this life we live is not so much for these old bodies that will wear out, but for the souls that live with them, within us. Our body may yell "TEXAS FIGHT!" but it's something else inside us that led us to do so.

As we make life choices, we often do so based on what best suits our body, but the God, this Higher Power, who leads us out of addiction wants us to make those choices that best suit our souls. He has a purpose for those souls, and if we accept that, the net result is the fashioning of good character, and His purpose for our life will be accomplished.

Today, on this very first day of June, my prayer is that we all choose what's good for our souls as well as our for our bodies, and in so doing, find His purpose for our lives. It's never too late to find purpose. Blessings,

NT
Psalm 57:2
Dedicated to the lasting memory of Allen Jones, who let God train his soul, then found purpose in his life.
Hook 'em!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News