ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (6-22)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
No matter how thin the pancake, you can still flip it over.
~~~~~~~~~~~ Anon

Like most of you, I have driven across the borders that separate us from either New Mexico or Oklahoma, more times than I can count. Thousands probably, which coincidentally probably IS more than I can count. We take justifiable pride in the condition of our roads, but man the minute we hit a pothole or tear up the sidewall on a tire, we raise hell. The only thing that seems to make us even madder is going through a stretch of road construction. "Well this is a stupid time to be doing this; Who designed these detour signs, Stevie Wonder?; when did we start all this "pilot car" stuff? It never used to be that way."

Well, dudes and dudettes, we cannot have it both ways. If we want good roads, they come at the price of some temporary delay and inconvenience. At least we have the money to get the work done. Over in NM, I think they only have one road-grader; each County has to check it out as if it were a library book, and you can only keep it for two weeks.

And so it is with our life's experiences. If someone offered us the chance to wipe out some memories, as if they never happened, that would be tempting. The first time we got our hearts really broken, that's a hurt stays with you. The first time we did something really bad, told a lie, stole something, broke someone else's heart. That remorse follows us like a stray puppy. Lot of those things that I for one would like to forget. Problem is that if you forget that broken heart, then you've lost the ability to guard against it happening again, and you won't remember how you got over it. Now you're right back where you started because you've lost that experience. It's like Rivals taking away all our "Likes!"

Today, let us take the bad with the good, and know that we can profit from both sides of our experiences.
Blessings,
NT
John 16:33

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News