ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (6-5)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Forgiveness is all-powerful. Forgiveness heals all ills.
~~~~~~~~~ Catherine Ponder

Reading yesterday's thread on the status of our baseball team and its coach, I was reminded yet again of how passion for sports and UT can give rise to anger. Getting mad at someone is not unusual for any of us, but staying mad for any length of time can be ruinous. The time and energy it takes to stay mad will squeeze out other opportunities we had to be happy and have fun. We are robbed of our joy. That anger spills over into other relationships, and next thing you know, you're even mad at the dog.

Maybe our anger was at least somewhat justified, but forgiveness still needs to occur, even if it starts only in our own minds. How can I get past this? What does that look like? How can forgiveness and acceptance help me to leave yesterday's anger behind, so I can embrace this new day? As Maya Angelou said, "This is such a lovely day; I don't believe I've ever seen this one before." Yep, it's brand new. Treat it gently.

Today, I pray we can make this day our own by practicing forgiveness.

Blessings,
NT
Psalm 103:12

PS I hope I got rid of the banner ad at the top. I have no intention of forgiving Rivals for that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News