ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (6-8)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
You've got to practice every day. One day of practice is like one day of clean living. It doesn't do you any good.
~~~~~~~~~ Abe Lemons

Those in recovery have a daily choice. Take the path that leads to disability and death, knowing that the next drink might be their last, or take the path that offers the best chance for a happy and useful life. It is a relentless , one day at a time choice. It is beating the odds, leaving the Grim Reaper to mumble, yet again, "Maybe tomorrow."

The real work is also the greatest reward---to persist in growing spiritually. To follow the path of diligently seeking God and seeking good, every blessed day. U2 lead singer Bono ( as OB would say, of all people) said that "Your nature is a hard thing to change." He went on to marvel at those people who seem to have undergone miraculous turnarounds, but admitted that it was different for him. It was not "I am lost, now I'm found" but more like "I was really lost; I'm a little less so at the moment."

Yep, and then day by endless day, a little less and a little less, knowing that each single day is its own destination, waving its own checkered flag of victory. Today I pray that we can all continue to grow spiritually, and make it our life's work to do so. Every day.

Blessings.
NT
1 Peter 2:1-3

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News