ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Gift (7-7)

NativeTex

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2004
Do I love you because you're beautiful, or are you beautiful because I love you?
~~~~~~~~~ Oscar Hammerstein

There's an old fable about a powerful king who agreed to help a lost little boy find his mother. The only description the boy gave was that his mother was the most beautiful woman in the world, so the king commanded that every beautiful woman in the kingdom come to his castle. One by one they paraded by, but the boy did not see his mother among them. Both the boy and the king were saddened and ready to give up. Then came a knock on the door (you saw that coming, right?). "Come in," said the weary king, thinking it was one more beautiful candidate. But in walked a washerwoman, poorly dressed, a little rough around the edges, there to do her chores around the castle.

"Mother!" the little boy cried, as he leaped from his chair, and ran to the woman's arms. Now, the king understood.

Whose beauty have I missed, because I failed to look more deeply than mere outward appearances?
1 Samuel 16:7 reminds us that "The Lord sees not as man sees; for man looks only at the outward appearance, but the Lord looks at the heart."

REMINDER: Starting tomorrow, TG will be brought to us by @The Sundance Kid. Sundance is a daily contributor to the Gift, and we will be richly blessed by his expanded role. I express to him and to all of you my heartfelt thanks for making TG a big part of my daily life.

Blessings lads and lasses,
NT

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News