Today's Gift, 9 September 2024

T-Sipper 1972

Gold Member
Jun 3, 2010
Tuff Questions

This one is somewhat personal and a little long. I have no doubt that @dippydawg is rolling his eyes at this because his desire for Today's Gift was to not be personal, but rather to be all inclusive, "a little something for everyone." Sorry Dippy.

"Send away for a priceless gift
One not subtle, one not one the list...
In a box high up on a shelf, left for you, no one else
There's a piece of a puzzle know as life ...
And I'm staring down the barrel of a 45"
From the song, 45 by the band, Shinedown

This is a gut-wrenching song about life and all its difficulties and disappointments, depression so deep it feels as if suicide is the only way to escape.

My son had 3 High School friends who died from suicide. Boys that, on the outside, seemed to be typical teenage boys. I knew two of them and never had a clue as to what was going on inside. I think that's the case with most of these stories.

We may know something is not right, but we don't know how bad things are. We're too quick to take things at face value. Why is that? Are we too busy? Are we afraid of getting involved; sticking our nose where it doesn't belong or isn't wanted? Are we afraid of loosing a friend because we asked questions that were hard to ask and harder to answer?

If you know someone who is having a hard time, who recently lost a loved one, suffers from depression, is dealing with substance abuse, don't be afraid to get involved, to ask the tuff questions. Don't let your friend or family member become a statistic.

Just as important, don't let yourself become a statistic. Reach out, and ask for help. Many of us here on T.G. have an ear for listening and have time to listen.

Never forget: "Tomorrow is worth the fight."

Blessings and love,
Mrs. T-Sipper 1972
512-658-1620

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.