Today's Gift

dippydawg

Ride or Die with them Horns
Gold Member
Dec 26, 2009
Austin, TX

Finish each day and be done with it.​

~Ralph Waldo Emerson

Often we want to carry the worries or the successes of today into tomorrow. As we put our heads on our pillows, we need to let go of today. Each new day needs to begin with a fresh mind. Each new day deserves our full attention. The purpose of looking through my actions each day is to allow us to concentrate our energies on the present. Worries, past and future, scatter our energies. Why is this important? It is only in the present that we can truly connect with others and our Higher Power. The present is our gateway to the eternal. Worries and even successes make us less able to step across this gateway into a better relationship with our Higher Power and others. We need to allow ourselves to travel light into tomorrow. Taking a daily inventory helps make this possible.

Prayer for the Day​

Higher Power, help me live in the present. Help me develop more and more willingness to live in the moment.

Today's Action​

Today I will use the tools I have to think about where I am with the world and change the things I can, let go of the things I need to, and recommit to living in the present.

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.