ADVERTISEMENT

Today's Houston Chronicle

Did you notice the article below? Rick Perry blasts election of first openly gay aggy student body president!

So the scorecard is --- only 1 BU player convicted of rape (Elliott) during the Briles era. I would've sworn it was over 50 based on media coverage. Can't wait to see the ESPN crawler tonight - I'm sure they will cover this development as thoroughly as they have covered everything else.

This is quite the gamble for Ukwuachu. Jury gave him no time; judge stepped in and gave him 6 months. If he goes to a new trial and loses, he could get years, especially in the current environment.

Anyone see the DMN article about the study being released by the UT system?

15%...??? Yikes.

So the scorecard is --- only 1 BU player convicted of rape (Elliott) during the Briles era. I would've sworn it was over 50 based on media coverage. Can't wait to see the ESPN crawler tonight - I'm sure they will cover this development as thoroughly as they have covered everything else.

This is quite the gamble for Ukwuachu. Jury gave him no time; judge stepped in and gave him 6 months. If he goes to a new trial and loses, he could get years, especially in the current environment.
That's because Baylor nor the police did a damn thing about it dumbass.

Reactions: tlra2 and oldhorn2
Anyone see the DMN article about the study being released by the UT system?

15%...??? Yikes.
In no way am I dismissing or diminishing a claim of rape but 15%? 15 out of every 100 female students polled say they have been raped? That's hard to believe. If true, there needs to be some serious sweeping changes and heads-a-rollin'.

Reactions: westx
That's because Baylor nor the police did a damn thing about it dumbass.
Really, dumbass? Police did nothing? Who arrested Elliott? Who arrested Ukwuachu? Who arrested Oakman? 3 arrests, and so far only 1 conviction. Those are FACTS. I know what you want to believe. And what you want to believe may have some merit. But right now, only ONE! BTW - 28000 coeds interviewed and 15% said they were RAPED at UT? 4200 innocent young ladies???? At least ours was a football issue. Yours looks like a university wide culture. Dumbass.

But UT-Austin officials confirmed the veracity of the number, saying 15 percent of the female undergraduate students they surveyed said they were "raped, either through force, threat of force, incapacitation or other forms of coercion such as lies and verbal pressure."

In the study, rape was defined as "having oral sex with someone, making someone perform oral sex, or penetrating someone's vagina or anus with penis, fingers or other objects without their consent, by use of verbal pressure, taking advantage of them when they're incapacitated, threatening to harm or using force."

Last edited:
Really, dumbass? Police did nothing? Who arrested Elliott? Who arrested Ukwuachu? Who arrested Oakman? 3 arrests, and so far only 1 conviction. Those are FACTS. I know what you want to believe. And what you want to believe may have some merit. But right now, only ONE! BTW - 28000 coeds interviewed and 15% said they were RAPED at UT? 4200 innocent young ladies???? At least ours was a football issue. Yours looks like a university wide culture. Dumbass.

But UT-Austin officials confirmed the veracity of the number, saying 15 percent of the female undergraduate students they surveyed said they were "raped, either through force, threat of force, incapacitation or other forms of coercion such as lies and verbal pressure."

In the study, rape was defined as "having oral sex with someone, making someone perform oral sex, or penetrating someone's vagina or anus with penis, fingers or other objects without their consent, by use of verbal pressure, taking advantage of them when they're incapacitated, threatening to harm or using force."
Soooo there's sexual deviance happening on one of the largest college campuses in one of the most liberal cities in America? Say it ain't so!!

Btw- some of those 15%-- I can assure you, were woman on woman assault. More than you'd think.

Austin metro has what- 2.5 million ppl? How many tourists annually? How many Texas state kids party in austin? There's huge factors involved with Austin. BUT-- we aren't talking about Austin vs Waco or UT vs Baylor-- we are talking about rapes and assaults perpetuated by ONE group---- the FOOTBALL TEAM.

And one of the reasons so few players have been legally convicted thus far is 3 fold-
1. The waco pd were napping on the job. Its been proven, we all know it, and the Rangers investigating this will skin someone alive eventually. Book it.
2. The Admin and AD dept ran interference for the team. We know this. Otherwise why the firings and resignations.
3. Title 9 and the feds have not investigated yet. Eventually these title 9 suits will hit the courts. The FBI will be sent in to investigate. Lord knows what they will find and how long it will take but they will get there because of the title 9 factor.

I read a little on the 15% story, and it seems the study is defining lying and other social pressures as non consent therefore rape. That seems to be a study designed to make headlines without accomplishing anything. Other than making it harder for legitimate rape victims to have a serious voice. Besides by those parameters the number should be a lot higher, and a lot of women are raping men these days.

I read a little on the 15% story, and it seems the study is defining lying and other social pressures as non consent therefore rape. That seems to be a study designed to make headlines without accomplishing anything. Other than making it harder for legitimate rape victims to have a serious voice. Besides by those parameters the number should be a lot higher, and a lot of women are raping men these days.
"Rape" defined as "verbal pressure"???? I would like to see their definition of "verbal pressure."

"Rape" defined as "verbal pressure"???? I would like to see their definition of "verbal pressure."
No telling. I heard on a radio talk show there are a handful of universities that are making "excessively looking" at females an offense. To what degree and resulting punishment I do not know. Crazy times

I'll love and respect you in the morning

Their definitions are vague and very broad to say the least. There may very well be a problem at UT, but this study doesn't identify it. This survey was going for shock value.

He must be convinced of his innocence, to take this chance. That doesn't mean he's innocent -- people can have VERY different perspectives on the same event. My daughter seems to think I'm raising my voice, when I sure don't recall doing so. (If I were to raise my voice, we'd ALL know it, believe me!)

I hope justice wins out, whatever that is.

Reactions: Godz40Acrez
It does seem that the definition of rape is being changed, doesn't it...to include a perception of rape that covers the "he said...she said" area.

I did not have a daughter but I would have hoped an imaginary Daughter of mine ( or Son ) was smart enough not to go near the places the rapes usually take place... meaning wild drugs and alcohol parties where multiple athletes/college boys hang out looking for a "locomotive"... like animals.

When I was a kid, I remember a guy telling about how he broke horses very easily by tying one hind leg up near the horse's belly. My attitude about that was: Hmmm...well buddy, don't tell me you're a Bronc Bustin' hard ridin' Cowboy if you do THAT...

I think getting a woman drunk or drugged to have your way is much the same thing as tying that horse's leg up against its belly.

I have thought, all my life, that we should all be guided by what the girls say about such things while SOBER. I guess I sort of enjoyed seeing some friendly cooperation from them. :)

It does seem that the definition of rape is being changed, doesn't it...to include a perception of rape that covers the "he said...she said" area.

I did not have a daughter but I would have hoped an imaginary Daughter of mine ( or Son ) was smart enough not to go near the places the rapes usually take place... meaning wild drugs and alcohol parties where multiple athletes/college boys hang out looking for a "locomotive"... like animals.

When I was a kid, I remember a guy telling about how he broke horses very easily by tying one hind leg up near the horse's belly. My attitude about that was: Hmmm...well buddy, don't tell me you're a Bronc Bustin' hard ridin' Cowboy if you do THAT...

I think getting a woman drunk or drugged to have your way is much the same thing as tying that horse's leg up against its belly.

I have thought, all my life, that we should all be guided by what the girls say about such things while SOBER. I guess I sort of enjoyed seeing some friendly cooperation from them. :)
You'd be surprised how mamy girls like their appendages tied up these days....... all 50 shades of gray and sh!t.

I'm not saying I'm a fan but, i've gotten really good at tying a truckers hitch and square knot.......

Clob....what we need is for you to square up , hitch a ride, and trucker yourself over to that practice field and give us a report. Only you can do this. We are counting on you.

I'm going........just don't want to broadcast when..... for obvious reasons.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT