ADVERTISEMENT

Trust The Process: Longhorns Coach Steve Sarkisian Is What Texas Needs

Texas is 1-8 against teams that get 30 passing attempts under Sark. This means that they are hitting us with short quick throws. By the end of the game, it's dead legs and we can't defend the run. The news is out on PK and his D is DOA. If we line up and play prevent defense, without QE, turn the game off.

Last edited:
Reactions: DHHorn
Texas is 1-8 against teams that get 30 passing attempts under Sark. This means that they are hitting us with short quick throws. By the end of the game, it's dead legs and we can't defend the run. The news is out on PK and his D is DOA. If we line up and play prevent defense, without QE, turn the game off.
I don't think Tech threw a ball over 10 yards except for those 2 they threw when they drew us offsides. Let's hope GP intervenes and let him know that this shit isn't going to cut it in the Big 12.

I am not saying anybody is wrong, but we have been blaming defense and Card pretty much. I am concluding more and more that it is our leadership/culture. It is hard to admit, but Texas has had a reputation of not being able to take a punch. I would love to see Card/Bijan/Rojo/Sweat/Coburn/Overshown constantly being in everybody's ear to keep brawling and keep their foot on their throats. This doesn't require any more years of experience-it can be done now in games and in practice, but especially in games. It just makes no sense that these games keep slipping away when we have the better roster. Take a look at this video by Tech's McGuire post game. The montra of "we knew they would break" has a lot of truth to it. The "everything goes through Lubbock" is stupid, but hey, he beat Texas and that is all they care about.

I am not saying anybody is wrong, but we have been blaming defense and Card pretty much. I am concluding more and more that it is our leadership/culture. It is hard to admit, but Texas has had a reputation of not being able to take a punch. I would love to see Card/Bijan/Rojo/Sweat/Coburn/Overshown constantly being in everybody's ear to keep brawling and keep their foot on their throats. This doesn't require any more years of experience-it can be done now in games and in practice, but especially in games. It just makes no sense that these games keep slipping away when we have the better roster. Take a look at this video by Tech's McGuire post game. The montra of "we knew they would break" has a lot of truth to it. The "everything goes through Lubbock" is stupid, but hey, he beat Texas and that is all they care about.

But how do we know those guys aren't being vocal leaders on the sidelines? Watching from TV there's no way to know as they never show the sidelines. I think a lot of it is youth. 57 of the 85 scholarship players are underclassmen. They are really close to being a pretty damn good team. They just have to figure out how to finish games.

I think just getting Quinn back is a big difference. Since Sam left we haven't had a QB that can make plays in big moments. To me that's the difference late in games. You need that difference maker at QB and I think Quinn is that guy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT