Tuesday night update on Juco QB Riley Ferguson (8:50 p.m.)

Suchomel

Staff
Aug 10, 2001
Another night, another update on Coffeyville C.C. quarterback Riley Ferguson.

Ferguson said he hasn't heard from the Texas staff whether or not he'll be receiving an offer. However, he could get word tomorrow. Ferguson said he was told the coaches would be contacting him tomorrow after they have a staff meeting.

Beyond that, it's more of the same. Ferguson told me he's not really stressing about whether or not Texas offers. He made it clear that those sentiments are in no way a slight to UT, he just doesn't want to stress about something he cannot control.

"You have to remember, I've been through it all before one time. I know how things are, I know how different situations happen," Ferguson said. "I'm just taking everything into consideration and then I'll make the best decision for me."

Ferguson is struggling a bit with the timing of things. As a December graduate, he'd like to make a decision soon. If Texas doesn't offer, he'll likely choose from Memphis and Arkansas State this week. If UT does offer, that could change things.

I asked Ferguson if there's any chance he'd commit to Texas without taking an official visit, and he wasn't sure how he'd handle that situation should it come up.

"That's the thing. It would have to be like January 14 or 15 before i could visit. It would be crazy," Ferguson said. "Otherwise I would just be going off their word. I don't know. We'll just have to see what happens.

"If they offer, I'll just look at it like every other option, look at it like pros and cons, find what's best for me."

Latest posts

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.