T'Vondre

tnfnerd

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2001
NASHVILLE – Titans defensive lineman T'Vondre Sweat put his unique skill set on display in the season opener on Sunday, and folks noticed.
NFL analyst Brian Baldinger even gave the big man a nickname.
"It's not T'Vondre anymore," Baldinger said in a social media post. "It's T-Pain.' He just brings the pain is what he does."
Sweat, who registered two quarterback pressures and consistently moved the line of scrimmage while playing 38 snaps in his first NFL start vs the Bears, hasn't paid too much attention to the buzz his debut generated.
And, on Wednesday, he said he already has a nickname:
"My nickname is Meatloaf," Sweat said with a smile. "My godmom (gave it to me). If you say, 'Meatloaf' I am going to answer.
"(It started) when I was playing basketball when I was young, out of nowhere she was like: 'Get 'em Meatloaf.' And since then, that's been my nickname."

.@Titans DL @TvondreSweat answers to one nickname: “Meatloaf.” pic.twitter.com/YFoIELqvye
— Jim Wyatt (@jwyattsports) September 11, 2024
A second-round pick of the Titans in the 2024 NFL Draft, Sweat's performance against the Bears followed an offseason when he lost weight and improved his conditioning, and a preseason when he got a taste of what life could be like in the NFL.
The 6-foot-4, 366-pound Sweat has impressed those around him each step of the way.
"I think T'Vondre Sweat really showed up for us both in the run and the pass game, which was really nice to see," Titans coach Brian Callahan said. "I thought we got great pressure all day long. Forced [Bears quarterback Caleb Williams] to do what we were hoping to do, to keep him in the pocket as best we could and then when he went to go extend plays to get him on the ground."
Sweat said he's just out there having fun, and getting better.
"I have a lot of stuff to work on," Sweat said. "That wasn't my best game y'all are going to see. So, stay tuned."
On Sunday, the Titans return to action at Nissan Stadium against quarterback Aaron Rodgers and the New York Jets.
Sweat is excited about what's next.
"Growing up, watching (Rodgers) was pretty dope, and now I get to play against him," Sweat said with a smile. "I am going to go out there and have fun, and just be myself.
"I am here to play the game that I love and be the best I can be."

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.