ADVERTISEMENT

Tyler Rose

When asked who his teams best blocker was, Bum Phil?IPS said Earl was....All they had to do was fake a handoff to him and he would occupy all 11 of the defense. Ricky was great, but there will never be the like of Earl again.

When asked who his teams best blocker was, Bum Phil?IPS said Earl was....All they had to do was fake a handoff to him and he would occupy all 11 of the defense. Ricky was great, but there will never be the like of Earl again.

I first saw him in the 70's at Tyler. Plano scrimmaged them and Earl was killing them at his MIDDLE LB position !!! Later they switched him to running back and then he absolutely killed them !!! He was a HOSS!!!! Best I have ever seen !!!

It never gets old...

u7hFoI1.gif

HB Big Earl! You have always been the best player as well as Ambassador of the University of Texas. May you have many more...

Hook'em

Reactions: bozans
I was fortunate enough to be in grad school when Earl started roaming the Forty Acres. Definitely on Longhorn Mount Rushmore. Really hate that he ended his Texas career on the wrong end of the ND game in the Cotton Bowl. Good fortune continued as I moved to back Houston in time to see Earl don Columbia Blue.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT