ADVERTISEMENT

Typical AP poll

Actually the Froggies are my favorite B12 school. I like their HC, and I like the fact they value defense...not exactly a big concern in the flag football conference. My favorite niece went there and I pull for them against most. I don't really get worked up for anyone outside of A&M.
TCU's success is a lot worse for Texas than it is for A&M. Baylor's too for that matter.

...not exactly a big concern in the flag football conference.
Your juggernaut program won this terrible conference a single time in 16 years.

I don't really get worked up for anyone outside of A&M.
You obsessing on the Longhorn board and making bitchass passive aggressive comments about the Big XII tells a vastly different story, aggy.

It's really simple. Ole Miss has been impressive and TCU hasn't so far. That's all there is to it. If the two played again, I would pull for TCU. I think if they played next week, Ole Miss wins big.
They played 9 months ago. TCU returns all key pieces. TCU is in the 2nd year of its new offense, which translates to improvement (at least not a drop off). The difference between the two was so dramatic, that I can't envision Ole Miss, even if improved, making it a game. I would be interested to see a Vegas line on this.

My flag football conference comment describes the style of offense played, it wasn't so much a slam...As far as obsessing...ok. You folks breath deep your own exhaust fumes.

I have done nothing but try to post intelligent comments with a little cross state fun. Probably a mistake on my part.

Your juggernaut program won this terrible conference a single time in 16 years.

You obsessing on the Longhorn board and making bitchass passive aggressive comments about the Big XII tells a vastly different story, aggy.

And your vaunted program has won it 3 times in 21 years. Not much better is it?

And your vaunted program has won it 3 times in 21 years. Not much better is it?

Actually its four including a NC so yes we've done much more than you have over this same period. And during this same period of time we went 12-5 against you when were still playing each other which includes 27-25. Now run along and spend whatever constructive time you have on playing these SEC teams that you brag about on this board.

They played 9 months ago. TCU returns all key pieces. TCU is in the 2nd year of its new offense, which translates to improvement (at least not a drop off). The difference between the two was so dramatic, that I can't envision Ole Miss, even if improved, making it a game. I would be interested to see a Vegas line on this.

This is simply not true. Yes TCU returns a lot on offense, but their defense right now is nowhere near what it was last year. They lost some of their best players to graduation. They just lost a starting DB for the rest of the year, and they are severely hurting at linebacker. You can't base everything off of one bowl game.

I'm not saying Ole Miss should be #3. I don't think ANYONE should be ranked right now. Rankings in my opinion shouldn't come out until November. But TCU is nowhere near the same team they were last year. And their offense struggled to score against Minnesota. This might be irrelevant by next week anyway because I think Tech has a legit shot to beat TCU. Texas Tech is quietly 3-0 and their offense can score on anyone.

Arkansas held Texas to 59 yards last year. I think Texas would beat Arkansas right now even if Swoopes was the QB. EVERY team in college football changes drastically from year to year, even if they return a lot of starters. This is why I don't think ANYTHING that happened last year should be considered for ANYTHING that could happen this year. I don't believe Ohio State is entitled to their #1 ranking. They were the best team LAST YEAR, but this Ohio State team hasn't even won a conference game yet, much less a national title.

Reactions: oldhorn2
This is simply not true. Yes TCU returns a lot on offense, but their defense right now is nowhere near what it was last year. They lost some of their best players to graduation. They just lost a starting DB for the rest of the year, and they are severely hurting at linebacker. You can't base everything off of one bowl game.

I'm not saying Ole Miss should be #3. I don't think ANYONE should be ranked right now. Rankings in my opinion shouldn't come out until November. But TCU is nowhere near the same team they were last year. And their offense struggled to score against Minnesota. This might be irrelevant by next week anyway because I think Tech has a legit shot to beat TCU. Texas Tech is quietly 3-0 and their offense can score on anyone.

Arkansas held Texas to 59 yards last year. I think Texas would beat Arkansas right now even if Swoopes was the QB. EVERY team in college football changes drastically from year to year, even if they return a lot of starters. This is why I don't think ANYTHING that happened last year should be considered for ANYTHING that could happen this year. I don't believe Ohio State is entitled to their #1 ranking. They were the best team LAST YEAR, but this Ohio State team hasn't even won a conference game yet, much less a national title.
(a) It IS true. 10 Offensive starters. TEN. That's 90.9% of the offense. (b) Assuming that TCU's defense is half as good as last year, the score is 42-6! I know that's not a fair way to play it, but to say TCU's defense is 39 points worse than last year - that's a stretch.

I really don't disagree with much else you said, including teams change dramatically from year to year. College Football is the greatest sport there is because anything can happen, from Ole Miss winning 2 in a row over the Tide, to a UT kicker missing an extra point. My only point is the SEC gets a leg up in the rankings because of media bias. TCU pounded the Rebels by 39 points, returns 3/4ths of its team including the most important players --- they deserve the benefit of the doubt. If the roles were reversed, we know how the voting would go.

I do not believe any team deserves the benefit of the doubt based on anything that happened last year. I don't believe Ohio State deserves it, and I don't believe any defending national champion deserves it. Now of course if OSU goes undefeated they will be in the playoff even if they win all of their games by less than a TD. But this year is this year. Right now, I think there are at least 10 teams in college football that could beat the Buckeyes. Last year, I don't believe anyone was going to do it at the end of the season.

And Ole Miss was riddled with injuries last year. It wasn't just TCU that hammered them. Arkansas hammered them 30-0, and look how bad they suck right now. Ole Miss is going to destroy Arkansas. Arkansas was a team that people were looking to step their game up this year, and now they look like they might not beat anyone in the SEC West except for maybe Auburn who they get at home.

The way teams change, we should never base rankings for this year on how things went last year. I know the playoff committee probably won't share that sentiment, this is simply my opinion.

Reactions: diadevic
It's really simple. Ole Miss has been impressive and TCU hasn't so far. That's all there is to it. If the two played again, I would pull for TCU. I think if they played next week, Ole Miss wins big.
Oops! So much for Ole Miss and their ranking - they were putrid against TCU 9 months ago, and they are putrid tonight against a pedestrian Florida team. Care to re-visit your prediction?

I just saw significant portions of that Florida/Ole Miss game. If that Florida offense can maintain any sort of production to go with that rock ribbed defense...that will not be a "pedestrian" team.

Wow...they may be the sleeper in the SEC east. Should be a truth game when they play Georgia.

Reactions: diadevic
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT