UT Commemorative Coin Heist

DrHorn98

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2014
Round Rock
We did not pick up our inaugural "exclusive commemorative coin" at DKR and received an email to call our account representative to make arrangements to have it sent out to us. The athletic department representative asked me if I would come during the week to UT to pick it up and I said no, I wanted it mailed. Then he said they had no packaging to send it out and it was very heavy. I said to put it in a mailer and ship it out - didn't matter if it didn't come for a week or two. He finally told me that it wasn't in the budget to pay for shipping and that they just didn't have the funds because "so many people forgot to pick them up" and it would cost a lot if they had to mail them all out. He next told me that they were talking about having someone hand deliver the 50+ medals that were allocated for donors in Round Rock alone.

So, we can pay $5.1 million for a coach who can't coach, offer $1 million to a coordinator making $210 k per year and who has never been THE play caller, and we can't afford postage to send out medals that were part of the Patterson Premium Foundation Heist!!

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.