ADVERTISEMENT

Uvalde-- we've got to do something

I've not heard about this "man card" marketing that you speak of. I was taught that you had to earn your man card-- man cards just weren't for sale like a box of condoms.
Perhaps you're equating it with the 50 year old nerd who finally hits it big in life and goes and buys a corvette to compensate for his nerdiness and small penis.

There's no "one" thing you can do to stop this.

Why?

Because no one thing is causing it. The weapon is just the tool they choose you use. If it weren't an AR, it would be an AK. If not an AK, it would be a Ruger. If not a Ruger it would be a Benelli shotgun. If not a shotgun it would be a tec9. If not a tec9 it would be a pipe bomb.

These kids are lacking something in their lives that's causing this.

My theory?

They spend their ENTIRE day staring at a device that TELLS them that if they aren't famous, or known or influencial or have thousands of followers--- then they have no worth.

So how do they get people to pay attention to them and get the attention they yearn for?

They choose to become infamous.
Disturbed. They were born that way.

Fresh, Your point about your father's 30-06 really is something I didn't know. So despite that it is a good rebuttal to what I was saying, I appreciate your response and the information.

Now, to add to this discussion, there is some recent evidence about the marketing of the AR-15 style guns and that it is designed to appeal to the young men that don't understand logical consequences well. For example, the adds about "getting your man card" next to a pic of an AR-15 type gun is clearly romanticizing a serious weapon. So in view of this, and your response, what should we do? Maybe the focus should be on the mag and controlling the high capacity round mags? I am sickened by the assaults with high casualty numbers. Have to do something that makes sense. Agree?
I absolutely do agree with you that something has to be done that makes sense. The thing is, banning a popular gun because of its appearance doesn't make sense to me.

There's simply too many lies being fed to people that have the best intentions but don't have experience/knowledge of the other side.

I do not have a definitive answer to stopping future murderers, wish I did. One thing that is fairly common is that they did not grow up like me at all. I have always been around guns.

Had pellet guns before my earliest memories. Got my 1st .22lr for my 5th birthday & a .22 hornet for 7th I believe. Rifles were on wall mounts, unlocked cabinet, & back rack of dad's truck which later became my truck. The guns stayed even when I began driving to school.

Guns were never "sexy" to me, probably because they were as much a part of my life as blue jeans. That's not typically the case with these murderers. We have a people problem, not a rifle problem but we're not allowed to place blame where it belongs.

I don't have the answer but I do know 100% the current politicized ones won't make the slightest difference. Unfortunately, it will take many more shootings after these gun bans are in place before we might come together for real solutions.

I've been struck by the school shootings always being at public schools. Does anyone know of one at a private school?

I've been struck by the school shootings always being at public schools. Does anyone know of one at a private school?
Not that I am aware of. Probably because at private schools, Sister Mary is still allowed to beat the evil outta their asses when they act up.

I disagree. Yes, there might be some bad wiring in there, but I think they become a product of their environment. Nurture vs nature. Ever watch Trading Places?
With the social media world, tv/movies, internet, cell phone, etc, it's a tough world to handle for kids that have no positive support structure from good parents, role models or friends. You teachers and coaches, here, continue and add on to being a positive, bright spot for those students in the back of the line. You may be their only sunshine of the day.

I've not heard about this "man card" marketing that you speak of. I was taught that you had to earn your man card-- man cards just weren't for sale like a box of condoms.
Perhaps you're equating it with the 50 year old nerd who finally hits it big in life and goes and buys a corvette to compensate for his nerdiness and small penis.

There's no "one" thing you can do to stop this.

Why?

Because no one thing is causing it. The weapon is just the tool they choose you use. If it weren't an AR, it would be an AK. If not an AK, it would be a Ruger. If not a Ruger it would be a Benelli shotgun. If not a shotgun it would be a tec9. If not a tec9 it would be a pipe bomb.

These kids are lacking something in their lives that's causing this.

My theory?

They spend their ENTIRE day staring at a device that TELLS them that if they aren't famous, or known or influencial or have thousands of followers--- then they have no worth.

So how do they get people to pay attention to them and get the attention they yearn for?

They choose to become infamous.
Go search "man card ar-15" and you will find at least on copy of an add I referenced. I tried to past a pic of it but was unable to do so.

The only thing that stops bad people with guns is good people with guns.
Only if the good guys don't run off to safety when they are shot at.The cops needed some better and more effective training.The law officers had a plan according to the records but like Mike Tyson said,"everybody has a plan until you bust them in the mouth ,then the plan goes out the wjndow.This I believe is what happened,the stategy was to rush at the gunman from the hall and overwhelm him in the classroom but they didn't count on being shot at and they ran to save their asses because they didn't expect that and they should have been trained to

Reactions: GetHooked
Only if the good guys don't run off to safety when they are shot at.The cops needed some better and more effective training.The law officers had a plan according to the records but like Mike Tyson said,"everybody has a plan until you bust them in the mouth ,then the plan goes out the wjndow.This I believe is what happened,the stategy was to rush at the gunman from the hall and overwhelm him in the classroom but they didn't count on being shot at and they ran to save their asses because they didn't expect that and they should have been trained to
My theory holds up. The one border patrol agent that wasn't part of the Uvalde police dept. (a good guy) walked into the classroom and ended the situation by killing (the bad guy).

Reactions: Belldozer1
I've mentioned it before that Uvalde is a sparse populated, complacent, sleepy little town. Regardless, there re is no excuse for a chicken shit police force to cower when there are children lives at stake. Every law enforcement officer, every single one on that scene is a chicken shit motherfvcker imo and each one should relinquish their peace officers license.

In other words, cowards.

Reactions: LAY THE WOODY
My theory holds up. The one border patrol agent that wasn't part of the Uvalde police dept. (a good guy) walked into the classroom and ended the situation by killing (the bad guy).
I want to know the employment status of the officer more concerned with using hand sanitizer than doing his job in that hallway

Reactions: ArielC
I want to know the employment status of the officer more concerned with using hand sanitizer than doing his job in that hallway
I can tell you definitively that the BORTAC agent that is credited with being the shooter requested to be TDY'd for training for an indefinite amount of time.

The rest of the police force-- I couldn't say.

I can tell you definitively that the BORTAC agent that is credited with being the shooter requested to be TDY'd for training for an indefinite amount of time.

The rest of the police force-- I couldn't say.
What is TDY'd?

What is TDY'd?
Temporary duty travel. Basically it means you get sent somewhere that you're not based out of for a period of time so you can train, or do some schooling, or even be a stop gap for other people's issues. You can be TDY'd for a week or a month or sometimes a year. All depends.

Reactions: DHHorn
Reactions: Belldozer1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT