ADVERTISEMENT

Very interesting title games the last few months

outhereincali

May 30, 2015
It started in June when Cleveland beat Golden State. The city of Cleveland is one of the few cities that has the big 3 in pro sports. It's well known that they had gone over 50 years without one of their teams winning a title. And when they fell behind 3 to 1 it looked like they were going to lose again. But Lebron James would not be denied and the Golden State Warriors a team that had the best w/l record in NBA history became the first team in NBA history to lose a title after leading 3 to 1. And Game 7 was an instant classic and the city of Cleveland is finally a champion again.

Then came baseball. I was a big fan of the St. Louis Cardinals and especially Bob Gibson when I was a kid. But I haven't followed baseball for a long time. In early May I would look and see if the Cubs were eliminated yet and they usually were. I look at the standings and see who's doing great and who isn't. When I saw how the Cubs were doing I thought could this finally be the year? First of all even people who don't follow baseball know that the Cubs haven't won the World Series in over 100, 108 to be exact, years. When they beat the Dodgers to win the pennant I decided to watch the World Series something I hadn't done for a long time. And like the Cavs they fell 3 to 1 and then caught up to tie the series. And I'm telling ya Hollywood couldn't have topped Game 7 but the Cubs did it.

So now we come to the Super Bowl. Never in NFL history has a team come from more than 19 points behind in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. But it happened. Never has a SB gone into overtime. I feel for the city of Atlanta, the Falcons have been lousy for most of their history which is over 50 years.

Three great title games in less than 8 months. All were games to remember.

It started in June when Cleveland beat Golden State. The city of Cleveland is one of the few cities that has the big 3 in pro sports. It's well known that they had gone over 50 years without one of their teams winning a title. And when they fell behind 3 to 1 it looked like they were going to lose again. But Lebron James would not be denied and the Golden State Warriors a team that had the best w/l record in NBA history became the first team in NBA history to lose a title after leading 3 to 1. And Game 7 was an instant classic and the city of Cleveland is finally a champion again.

Then came baseball. I was a big fan of the St. Louis Cardinals and especially Bob Gibson when I was a kid. But I haven't followed baseball for a long time. In early May I would look and see if the Cubs were eliminated yet and they usually were. I look at the standings and see who's doing great and who isn't. When I saw how the Cubs were doing I thought could this finally be the year? First of all even people who don't follow baseball know that the Cubs haven't won the World Series in over 100, 108 to be exact, years. When they beat the Dodgers to win the pennant I decided to watch the World Series something I hadn't done for a long time. And like the Cavs they fell 3 to 1 and then caught up to tie the series. And I'm telling ya Hollywood couldn't have topped Game 7 but the Cubs did it.

So now we come to the Super Bowl. Never in NFL history has a team come from more than 19 points behind in the fourth quarter of a playoff game. But it happened. Never has a SB gone into overtime. I feel for the city of Atlanta, the Falcons have been lousy for most of their history which is over 50 years.

Three great title games in less than 8 months. All were games to remember.

And you didn't even mention the Clemson-Bama game that finished in a flurry of scoring including a last second TD pass by Watson. That finish rivaled the USC-Texas game.

And don't forget (even though it's been almost a year) the finish to March Madness. UNC stormed back and tied the game with 4 seconds left on a heave from Marcus Paige. Nova comes back with a nice play and gets the long 3 pointer to drop for the win.

All 5 of the biggest sports in the US, with great championship games within the last year.

And you didn't even mention the Clemson-Bama game that finished in a flurry of scoring including a last second TD pass by Watson. That finish rivaled the USC-Texas game.

And don't forget (even though it's been almost a year) the finish to March Madness. UNC stormed back and tied the game with 4 seconds left on a heave from Marcus Paige. Nova comes back with a nice play and gets the long 3 pointer to drop for the win.

All 5 of the biggest sports in the US, with great championship games within the last year.

You're right and thank you for mentioning those games.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT