ADVERTISEMENT

Weird Legal Question - Changing Registered Address for 3rd Party

eljetfan

Gold Member
Jan 5, 2005
Is there any way I can change the registered address for a third party on several properties?

Background: We purchased a single family attached in Preston Hollow from a wealthy family back in 2020. They had owned this property since 2007 but lived here for a couple of years right before us while they built a $10 million property in Highland Park. It was empty for a year before we purchased it. They also have about 5 different LLCs using this address all related to investment real estate they own. It's been 3 1/2 years and close to five years since they have lived here and they have still haven't changed the address. i can see our address on DCAD and I can also see it on Open Corporate related websites.

It's quite annoying. I get solicited constantly for people wanting to buy their properties. I get a ton of mail. They are delinquent on the property taxes on one of the properties, so I get a ton of mail for that. Now one of their tenants is copying me on an email and threatening legal action due to a broken AC unit.

I've asked them to change it but they just ignore it.

Is there anything I can do?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News