What do you see as this team's biggest strength, and what is your biggest concern?

SkullSplitter

Well-Known Timbre
Gold Member
Dec 21, 2010
When a season starts, I like to look at what a team's biggest advantage appears to be, along with what is most likely to trip them up. Here's what I see for us this year:

BIGGEST STRENGTH: QB-OL Combo

Texas has the best QB room in the country, and it has the veteran line to match. These are the two most important positions on a team to get right, and we have done so impressively. One of the most underrated dynamics that undermines any offense is when you have an OC and an OL coach who aren't on the same page. At Texas, this is clearly not a problem, as both Sark and Flood are totally in sync. The SEC had better be ready, because this offense could be truly special.

BIGGEST CONCERN: Pass Defense

It's no secret here that Coach K's pass defense has been truly alarming. In the past two seasons, we have played against 6 top-tier QB's...and we went 0-6 in those games. At some point, our DC is going to have to decide: either we're going to play loose on coverage while blitzing the backfield, or we're going pull back the pressure while playing tight coverage across the line. But continuing to play our DB's far off receivers while bringing no pressure on the QB will yield the same pitiful results as before.

On the whole, I'm excited about this season, and I think this roster should finish the regular season 10-2 or better, with a berth in the SEC title game.

What say the rest of you?

Reactions: chefbm636

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.