ADVERTISEMENT

What would you consider success/failure in Elkos first season?

What would you consider success/failure in Elkos first season?

• Undefeated national champ and nothing less

• SEC Champ and a ways in the playoffs

• Make the playoffs

• 10 wins

• 9 wins

• 8 wins

• 7 wins

• 5 or 6 wins

• Just win a game or two or three

• Wins bah, if the coach doesn't run on the field during an interception return, that's success

Results are only viewable after voting.

BattleshipTexas

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2001
TexAg answers:

8 wins and a win against t.u.!

In the days of NIL, transfer portal, and coaches getting paid like Fortune 500 - there's zero excuses. Especially with this schedule, if he doesn't win 9 minimum then a mistake was made.

I expect the team to have a record of 8-4. So, 9 wins or more would be a success in my view.

Anything less than 9-3 means injuries or inept in-game coaching. I think we drop one game where we probably should not have, likely Auburn. Then drop two others to two really good teams like ND and LSU.

I'm so impressed that i almost give him a pass no matter what his record. I know he knows how to build this thing right, first yr record be damned.

Success = 8-4 or better - Because 7-5 is our baseline. If you're better than baseline....

Success - 10 wins or more. Failure - 8 wins or less.

This is Texas A&M football. Our high water mark is 9-3, most likely 8-4.

If he's who we hope he is, 9 wins should be the low expectation. Anything below that we are going to watch some interesting spin the next 5 years before getting a new coach

In my opinion. given it is Elkos first year. He will need time to get his guys (underclassmen) in place. I think 9-3 is possible but would consider 8-4 successful.

Along with the talent we currently have, it's hard not to be optimistic.

Success = tough, disciplined, confident, cohesive TEAM. He has the talent to win 9+ if he has the right guys on the team. Darkhorse playoff team.

Let's just hope that the juniors play like a #1 recruiting class! It will be a successful season, as long as we don't discover that Elko's prior defensive success was in large part to Jimbo's ball control offense.
It will be an agonizing failure if we find out that K-state's glorified high school offense won't cut it in the big-boy SEC. No matter how great or how bad the season, you can't lose to tu at Kyle Field and be loved by Texas Aggies.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News