ADVERTISEMENT

Where's Fresh when you need him?

clob94

Aug 25, 2014

@GuaranteedFresh!

Is this how we welcome ISIS to thunderdome?

Allegedly we dropped these with F15s and F35s so I'm guessing they were 1000 pounders. But I know not to believe sh!t that the media reports regarding the military. What say ye Fresh? Are these 1k or 2k based on the splash?

@GuaranteedFresh!

Allegedly we dropped these with F15s and F35s so I'm guessing they were 1000 pounders. But I know not to believe sh!t that the media reports regarding the military. What say ye Fresh? Are these 1k or 2k based on the splash?
Can't get the video to load due to the wonderful cell service in south tx oil patch so it'll have to wait for a few hrs. I never dealt with f35s so I'm not too familiar with their armament capabilities. E models are some bad muthas though.

Were the drops precisely guided or radius carpeting?

@GuaranteedFresh!

Got it to play. Honestly I think we're looking a bit smaller, say 500lb mk82s jdam guided. 1k-2k is possible if bunker busters were used because they penetrate down before they detonate resulting in a smaller surface show.

Shoulda Carpet Bombs their asses like in Nam, shit that's a firecracker run compared to B52 Carpet Bombing and then they shoulda made a 6 runs with napalm, Napalm seems to make the enemy turn into Track Stars...lol and then went in with infantry and killed everything, only thing them people understand is Force and Violence, so why not give it back to them

We woulda won this War a long time go if they woulda turn the boys loose and let them do their job of being a soldier instead of all these ROE shit..They ain't no rules in war, your either wind up dead or alive and for all you COD warriors, you don't respawn in 30 seconds..lol

Last edited:
Shoulda Carpet Bombs their asses like in Nam, shit that's a firecracker run compared to B52 Carpet Bombing and then they shoulda made a 6 runs with napalm, Napalm seems to make the enemy into Track Stars...lol and then went in with infantry and killed everything, only thing them people understand is Force and Violence, so why not give it back to them

Carpet bombing is definitely not the way to go when we have GBU-43Bs "moab" and ridiculously accurate guided fire crackers. Technology has overtaken brute force by a long shot.

The f35 is a game changer. They can light up multiple targets sight unseen, relay all data to compatable friendly fliers all while out of range of enemy radar. I've heard they also have an in-range radar signature similar to a goose. A freaking goose!

Shortly before I separated they modified the f15e with a new command data link system that allowed them to use other aircrafts guidable munitions.

For example: F15e drops all ordinace but is on point for a hvt. Pilot knows his wingman on the other side of a mountain range has a spare agm-130 mcg so he stays on target and has wingman launch the agm over the mountains where the 1st pilot can then take over and guide it into a freaking keyhole.
True story.

I have a sneaking suspicion that these companies competing for space exploration are actually in competition for a future DOD contract. Space tourism? Pfffft! More like implementing rods from gods. The power of nukes without the 100,000 year hangover. *cough* Blue Origin, *cough* SpaceX
@clob94 is this an area of familiarity within your circle? Wi-fi and metal rods in the sky!

Reactions: FlourBluffHorn
Carpet bombing is definitely not the way to go when we have GBU-43Bs "moab" and ridiculously accurate guided fire crackers. Technology has overtaken brute force by a long shot.

The f35 is a game changer. They can light up multiple targets sight unseen, relay all data to compatable friendly fliers all while out of range of enemy radar. I've heard they also have an in-range radar signature similar to a goose. A freaking goose!

Shortly before I separated they modified the f15e with a new command data link system that allowed them to use other aircrafts guidable munitions.

For example: F15e drops all ordinace but is on point for a hvt. Pilot knows his wingman on the other side of a mountain range has a spare agm-130 mcg so he stays on target and has wingman launch the agm over the mountains where the 1st pilot can then take over and guide it into a freaking keyhole.
True story.

I have a sneaking suspicion that these companies competing for space exploration are actually in competition for a future DOD contract. Space tourism? Pfffft! More like implementing rods from gods. The power of nukes without the 100,000 year hangover. *cough* Blue Origin, *cough* SpaceX
@clob94 is this an area of familiarity within your circle? Wi-fi and metal rods in the sky!

Afraid your right Fresh! I always thought SpaceX was like Stars Wars Missle defense thingy going on with all the lauches

Reactions: GuaranteedFresh!

True story.

There's a research Institute in San Antonio that I know you're familiar with because not only do they do O&G stuff but they also do DARPA projects (the anti-personnel slippery goo) and well as the microwave crowd dispersing dishes mounted on a hummer-- and a few other things we can't talk about-- they have also helped with design and testing with JPL and NASA-- like building the water dehumidifier for the International space station (those pesky water runs can be expensive in space). I've got two current projects with them now-- but I think what you're talking about used to be called Project Thor and it has sense been re-designated to another name. (Delta to CAG- CAG to ACE) <---- I know you know this one

But a kinetic orbital bombardment with tungsten rods equipped with directional guidance system is definitely not in my wheel house. And salting those tungsten rods with Cobalt 60 in order to produce a desired amount of fallout so that an area would have to remain completely off limits to enemy forces, thus making any ordinance or weapons in said area completely combat ineffective, is most certainly out of my wheel house.

I can tell you that the treaty signed by the US on 27 January 1967, strictly prohibits the use of weapons platforms in space if said platform is capable of launching a "wmd". By definition, a Tungsten rod being dropped into the earth's atmosphere and making kinetic impact on a populated area at roughly Mach 10 would have a yield of roughly 12 tons of TNT, give or take, and in my opinion would qualify as a weapon of mass destruction--- thus rendering a violation of the treaty and therefore illegal for the US to do.

But as I said--- this is waaaaay out of my wheel house.

There's a research Institute in San Antonio that I know you're familiar with because not only do they do O&G stuff but they also do DARPA projects (the anti-personnel slippery goo) and well as the microwave crowd dispersing dishes mounted on a hummer-- and a few other things we can't talk about-- they have also helped with design and testing with JPL and NASA-- like building the water dehumidifier for the International space station (those pesky water runs can be expensive in space). I've got two current projects with them now-- but I think what you're talking about used to be called Project Thor and it has sense been re-designated to another name. (Delta to CAG- CAG to ACE) <---- I know you know this one

But a kinetic orbital bombardment with tungsten rods equipped with directional guidance system is definitely not in my wheel house. And salting those tungsten rods with Cobalt 60 in order to produce a desired amount of fallout so that an area would have to remain completely off limits to enemy forces, thus making any ordinance or weapons in said area completely combat ineffective, is most certainly out of my wheel house.

I can tell you that the treaty signed by the US on 27 January 1967, strictly prohibits the use of weapons platforms in space if said platform is capable of launching a "wmd". By definition, a Tungsten rod being dropped into the earth's atmosphere and making kinetic impact on a populated area at roughly Mach 10 would have a yield of roughly 12 tons of TNT, give or take, and in my opinion would qualify as a weapon of mass destruction--- thus rendering a violation of the treaty and therefore illegal for the US to do.

But as I said--- this is waaaaay out of my wheel house.
=)roll;)
On a serious note, we had better be the first to have the capability to accidently drop some f.o.d. because if not we ALL know who the first target is.

At least an icbm gives us a few minutes to react...o_O

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT