ADVERTISEMENT

Why do politicians lie like bedwetters through their teeth?

Royal Soil

Gold Member
Aug 13, 2004
Why do politicians lie like bedwetters through their teeth? And I don't mean the little stretches and exaggerations that are expected. I mean out and out fabrications of political positions and personal actions both for and against themselves and their opponents. I am talking about abject, unfettered dishonesty.

Because it works! And that is on US, not THEM. We have become enablers. It's like we want to be lied to if it supports our world view.

And so both sides do it. In the name of transparency I will admit that I am a conservative so I obviously pay more attention to the lies told on the left than those told on the right. I do believe that while the right tells their share of whoppers the left seems to have developed lying into high art form. I guess it's because with a large majority of the MSM backing their lying it is just more readily observable.

And so now the real problem is this. A large portion of the electorate simply does not have confidence in what they hear from Washington and the media any more. And that is a problem. For example, I have no evidence and I do not believe that key movers on the left would ever be complicit in an attempt to assassinate the ex-President. But am I absolutely bet my life certain that they would not? Sadly, I am not. I simply do not have an unwavering faith that some in our government are incapable of that. And neither do a lot of Americans. And just a few years ago that would have been unthinkable. Our faith in the integrity of governmental institutions has been shattered over the past few years by the nefarious actions of our government representatives. And such a faith is important to the future of our country. I don't know if its possible to ever get it back.

To quote Pogo, "We have met the enemy and he is us!"

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News