ADVERTISEMENT

Zach Evans enrolls at TCU

GP has a good track record of coddling hoods. Gotta keep an eye on him at all times.

I don't know what if he plays like the best hs rb in the country? At his best that's what he was until he went haywire.

It's really irritating to me that he's going to play for the cockroaches. I mean they took 2 average players and turned them into first round draft choices. I don't think Jalen Reagor can play in the NFL. He won't last more than 2 years maybe 3 if he's lucky. When the Cowboys play the Eagles you're going to see a huge difference in talent between Cee Dee Lamb and JR. And yet they can turn an average receiver into a 1rst round pick and we do very little with Collin Johnson. Jeff Gladney won't last long but he goes in the first round while Brandon Jones never lived up to billing. One other thing Devin Duvernay will be a much better receiver than JR I'm certain of it.

Even with 1rst round draft picks TCU wasn't that good last year. What if Zach Evans plays behind a mediocre ol and doesn't play well? Or what if he plays better than Bijan Robinson?

I don't like this. We need to beat ZE like a red headed stepchild on 11/14 that's all there is to it. And if BR, not Ingram or Johnson, has a great game that would be sweet. I'm tired of losing to the cockroaches but I'm concerned that ZE could turn into a star.

I don't know what if he plays like the best hs rb in the country? At his best that's what he was until he went haywire.

It's really irritating to me that he's going to play for the cockroaches. I mean they took 2 average players and turned them into first round draft choices. I don't think Jalen Reagor can play in the NFL. He won't last more than 2 years maybe 3 if he's lucky. When the Cowboys play the Eagles you're going to see a huge difference in talent between Cee Dee Lamb and JR. And yet they can turn an average receiver into a 1rst round pick and we do very little with Collin Johnson. Jeff Gladney won't last long but he goes in the first round while Brandon Jones never lived up to billing. One other thing Devin Duvernay will be a much better receiver than JR I'm certain of it.

Even with 1rst round draft picks TCU wasn't that good last year. What if Zach Evans plays behind a mediocre ol and doesn't play well? Or what if he plays better than Bijan Robinson?

I don't like this. We need to beat ZE like a red headed stepchild on 11/14 that's all there is to it. And if BR, not Ingram or Johnson, has a great game that would be sweet. I'm tired of losing to the cockroaches but I'm concerned that ZE could turn into a star.

NFL teams are trying to find the next Tyreek Hill. Reagor looks like Hill. Runs like Hill. So the Eagles, who need a deep threat, took him. While Duv ran a faster 40 than Reagor, Reagor is a better route runner, and more explosive. Duv is maybe the fastest possession receiver in the history of football, lol. Duv needs to work on his start/stop quickness and his flexibility in his route running. That is why he wasn't a top 5-8 WR taken.

As far as CJ, he has small hands, isn't a very good route runner and has TE speed.

Last edited:
As far as CJ, he has small hands, isn't a very good route runner and has TE speed.

Where did you see that? That dude has amazing hands, I'd like to see who said that because he has made some amazing catches . At 6'6 I find it hard to believe he has small hands.

Speed wise, he ran a 4.5 40 and for a guy 6'6 that is pretty good. That is the same speed that Michael Irving had, and 1/10 second faster than Jerry Rice.

Reactions: StrangerHorn
Where did you see that? That dude has amazing hands, I'd like to see who said that because he has made some amazing catches . At 6'6 I find it hard to believe he has small hands.

Speed wise, he ran a 4.5 40 and for a guy 6'6 that is pretty good. That is the same speed that Michael Irving had, and 1/10 second faster than Jerry Rice.

I love CJ and hope he does well. But his measurables aren't very good.

I didn't say he had bad hands, just small. His hands measured at 9" which was smaller than almost everyone. Ruggs for example measured at 10-1/8 in. and I think Duv was 9-1/2 in. Small hands isn't exaclty helpful for a guy that his best measurables are his ability to catch in traffic and jump. Even his arm length was unimpressive. At 6-6 his arms weren't even 32" whereas guys shorter than him by 3-4" had longer arms...Lamb, Claypool, Mims, etc.

CJ didn't run the 40 at the combine becuase of his hip. Even healthy I don't see CJ breaking 4.6 at the combine.

On top of that, he isn't very explosive and he doesn't hit his breaks particularly sharp. With that said, he has one thing you can't teach, height, and he has a very strong center of gravity for anyone, but especially a 6-6 guy. Needs to be better at creating separation on deep balls, not with speed, but with strength. And needs to be better with his feet in beating press.

He's a 50/50 on whether he'll make it in the league beyone 2-3 years.

Last edited:
Jerry Rice was considered slow, but he ran impeccable routes and made his living catching crossing patterns over the middle. ..plus he had very,very good hands and held on even when "rocked". Irving was never thought of as fast, but he made his living with the best "push off" the game has ever seen. Plus....he would do ANYTHING to catch the ball. He damn near out worked anybody at practice. I love CJ, but what he is is tall.

I expect Duv to have a much more productive pro career.

Jerry Rice was considered slow, but he ran impeccable routes and made his living catching crossing patterns over the middle. ..plus he had very,very good hands and held on even when "rocked". Irving was never thought of as fast, but he made his living with the best "push off" the game has ever seen. Plus....he would do ANYTHING to catch the ball. He damn near out worked anybody at practice. I love CJ, but what he is is tall.

I expect Duv to have a much more productive pro career.

I'm certain that Devin will have a better career than Jalen Reagor. And he'll have a better qb throwing to him than the other Big XII guys Lamb, Mims, and Reagor. We may finally have a receiver from TX who will be a good pro for more than a few years.

Hookem Devin Duvernay

Reactions: freeper
I saw that just with ZE's signature the cockroaches cracked the top 25 in recruiting classes. Not counting TX and OK it's the first time a Big XII team finished that high.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT