ADVERTISEMENT

2019 Recruiting Thread

Any idea who Carrington put a shhh out for Friday morning? Revolution reference so 2019 class?

I agree with Hand to an extent, we are a starting guard away from having a legit badass line, however we still need some depth. The way I see it. If we get Braun we can pencil him in at one guard spot and Junior Angilau at the other. I'm pretty comfortable with those two. Then we have Shackleford at center and Cosmi at one tackle. That leaves the other tackle spot for either Kerstetter, Reese Moore, or possibly Christian Jones.

There are a few guys we need to see in spring to assess their ability. Namely Reese Moore, Rafiti Ghirmai, Christian Jones, Besides those guys we have JP Urquidez, and Denzel Okafor. That is all the guys we have in the system on scholarship. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we can keep Shepherd, and add two more Juco guys plus get Braun. That would get us to 16 guys going into next season. Ideally, we should have 18 offensive linemen in our system at all times.

Reactions: Scholz
you are saying Parker....I thought it was Procter that was 330#, all ACC and had the highly rated little brother...

I agree with Hand to an extent, we are a starting guard away from having a legit badass line, however we still need some depth. The way I see it. If we get Braun we can pencil him in at one guard spot and Junior Angilau at the other. I'm pretty comfortable with those two. Then we have Shackleford at center and Cosmi at one tackle. That leaves the other tackle spot for either Kerstetter, Reese Moore, or possibly Christian Jones.

There are a few guys we need to see in spring to assess their ability. Namely Reese Moore, Rafiti Ghirmai, Christian Jones, Besides those guys we have JP Urquidez, and Denzel Okafor. That is all the guys we have in the system on scholarship. I'd feel a lot more comfortable if we can keep Shepherd, and add two more Juco guys plus get Braun. That would get us to 16 guys going into next season. Ideally, we should have 18 offensive linemen in our system at all times.

Love the sound of an 18 deep!

Agree that we at least need 1 more body this year. Braun would be a great addition and sounds like we are in a good spot with him. His 24/7 profile has Hallisville Tx as his home town. Would also help us get involved with his 4 star center brother, Joshua. Looks like the family lives in Florida now, so not sure if the Texas connection is still there.

We sit pretty in 2020 - hopefully add Lindberg and another solid tackle (Garth, George). But, 2021 is truly loaded - 4 5 star tackles in the state of Texas!

By 2022 or 2023 we could really have a talented and stacked O-line!

Hamm is saying Shepherd is not flipping. He was saying 85% chance he flips a couple days ago.

Love the sound of an 18 deep!

Agree that we at least need 1 more body this year. Braun would be a great addition and sounds like we are in a good spot with him. His 24/7 profile has Hallisville Tx as his home town. Would also help us get involved with his 4 star center brother, Joshua. Looks like the family lives in Florida now, so not sure if the Texas connection is still there.

We sit pretty in 2020 - hopefully add Lindberg and another solid tackle (Garth, George). But, 2021 is truly loaded - 4 5 star tackles in the state of Texas!

By 2022 or 2023 we could really have a talented and stacked O-line!
Oh great, in another five years we could finally have a good OL!

Oh great, in another five years we could finally have a good OL!

You don't build an 18 deep o-line overnight. I think our O-line will continue to improve year after year going forward. Just saying that by 2022 we will have 5 stars backing up 5 stars for the first time in a while.

He is one of those kids that no one knows what he will do (including him) until he signs. Even then, might be some drama getting him to campus. He must be really good to be worth the trouble.

Hey guys, anyone on the inside know what is going on with this dude? I would love to land him due to his immense size and talent . . . but man this crap is getting old. Poop or get off the pot!

Been trying to tell y'all. If we get him, we'll regret it. Another Perriloux. We dodged that bullet, hopefully we dodge this one too.

Been trying to tell y'all. If we get him, we'll regret it. Another Perriloux. We dodged that bullet, hopefully we dodge this one too.
I think the culture of the locker room is pretty strong. Strong enough to regulate a guy who may be an attitude problem.

Reactions: CoachEmUp64
I think the culture of the locker room is pretty strong. Strong enough to regulate a guy who may be an attitude problem.
True. If he signs and shows up he will fall in line quickly or be running for the door. With 95% of the class locked up you swing for the fences on a guy like this.

True. If he signs and shows up he will fall in line quickly or be running for the door. With 95% of the class locked up you swing for the fences on a guy like this.

The range of outcomes is wide with this one. Physically has a very high ceiling, high draft pick NFL potential. Could also end up flaking out, transferring out of D1 and never be heard from again.

Hopeful the staff can keep him on the straight and narrow and really help him flourish.

So anyone out of the blue signing today? Just Shepherd? Where are we with the OLine transfer guys? This is too freaking quiet for a signing day, even with only one unsigned recruit!!!
Question: do we make a late offer to a RB with the medical emergency of our one signee?

So it appears both LH and JS announce at 1 pm. Anyone expecting any surprises especially since we’re unexpectedly down s RB? And when would we hear the results of Bru’s appeal?

So anyone out of the blue signing today? Just Shepherd? Where are we with the OLine transfer guys? This is too freaking quiet for a signing day, even with only one unsigned recruit!!!
Question: do we make a late offer to a RB with the medical emergency of our one signee?
NSD (2) is no longer really a big deal as about 90% of all the top guys sign early. Shepard sticks. I think Henry signs with arky. Grad transfer are visiting next week. Braun from GT, all ACC... and Proctor from UVA. I think we land one of these guys.

I had a bout of Thai food fever this morning so I'm throne locked for a bit.

Are we expecting to sign anybody today worth a crap?

Pun intended.

So it appears both LH and JS announce at 1 pm. Anyone expecting any surprises especially since we’re unexpectedly down s RB? And when would we hear the results of Bru’s appeal?
Henry to arky. Shepard sticks with good guys. Bru signed, he should be granted release after a lengthy paper work and NCAA process. No surprises. NSD (2) is now a snooze fest with 90% of top guys already signed and it will continue to be that way most likely.

NSD (2) is no longer really a big deal as about 90% of all the top guys sign early. Shepard sticks. I think Henry signs with arky. Grad transfer are visiting next week. Braun from GT, all ACC... and Proctor from UVA. I think we land one of these guys.
I like the early signing period, but miss the drama and excitement of NSD.

Reactions: Belldozer1
I know this isn't '19 Recruiting, but I didn't know where else to put it. I was perusing the twitter-verse and saw that Reggie Hemphill has listed on his twitter bio "WR-Missouri Southern State University"....was he just unable to get it done in the classroom? Seems like that would be the only reason he ends up a D2.

So Bama just got routed in the NC game and signed basically the highest ranked class ever as their reward?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT