ADVERTISEMENT

AGGIES 4TH YEAR COACH DOING WONDERS

This is for any dumb-a$$ that wants to reflect solely upon "Rivals" for their recruiting smack, Texas fans included:

Texas signed 28 recruits to 2015: total for all 2,670 pts based on Rivals evaluations. Average evaluation=95.357 if you "Remove" Lampkin 27 recruits =95.556, If Gilbert, Clarington and Major don't make it, this average climbs to (96.250) per "Rivals" evaluations with 24 recruits...

Aggy signed 26 recruits to 2015: total for all 2,415 pts based on Rivals evaluations. Average evaluation=92.885

When it comes down to how "Rivals" ranks teams and yes it has changed, they use the top 20 from a class plus bonus points for "Rivals 250" rankings.

Texas top 20 = 2145 and the only player not on campus as of today that would change that by -30 points is Clarington, I've already removed Lampkin or didn't have to use him and he was at the bottom and replaced by the same value per evaluation. Texas "Rivals 250" Bonus points = 9 players for 238 points. Giving you a grand total of 2,383 and placing them 12th on "Rivals" if Clarington doesn't make it for some reason, the class remains at 12th with a 30 point reduction per "Rivals"....

In Comparison, Per "Rivals" Aggy top 20 = 2160 with a "Rivals 250" bonus of 318 from 11 players bringing their total to 2,478 per "Rivals" and placing them 10th per "Rivals"....

Quit pissing and moaning over this crap, the two classes are way to close based on mathematics to compare. You evaluate a class at year 3 and we're lucky enough to have multiple services now whom never seem to agree when it comes to player evaluations. Rivals, ESPN, Scout and 24/7... Making the composite rankings more legit as each day passes! At the very least, it is multiple sources to give ONE OVERALL AVERAGE.

Now for the grade risk morons, Texas has 24 of the 28 signed from 2015 enrolled. Lampkin is apparently out for whatever his intentions, Clarington and Major are doing everything they can to be on campus before Fall camp and I haven't heard anything on the #7 overall prep recruit WR Gilbert Johnson. So, worst case scenario is 4 players never seeing campus, best case is (1 Lampkin). As for grades, Clarington's issues are transcript related (core classes, not grades or test scores) Major apparently has the grade's, per his HC coach... but needs the test scores. The outlook appears good for both....

Reactions: HornosaurusRex
The only thing Aggy should be looking at is where they place/fit in their own conference. The composite places them 6th in recruiting class rankings for 2015 in their conference of 14, third amongst their SEC west brethren with 2 much more accomplished team/staffs above them.... This is your competition! While Texas was ranked 1st in the Big12 and still will be if the four in question never step foot on campus. I'm looking forward to seeing what Strong does with them....

TxExSpur.....give it up man....sip a cool drink....relax.....there is absolutely no point in trying to use scientific data when discussing football with someone that actually thinks aggy has had "sustained success" in the last 4 years. You will have better luck trying to solve world hunger....I feel your pain, but it is hopeless.

I'm struggling to find a single topic aggys DON"T bald face lie about anymore.

The hilarious thing is aggys actually pay for recruiting info from that idiot. Mark Passwaters is a perfect example of BAS.

The only thing Aggy should be looking at is where they place/fit in their own conference. The composite places them 6th in recruiting class rankings for 2015 in their conference of 14, third amongst their SEC west brethren with 2 much more accomplished team/staffs above them.... This is your competition! While Texas was ranked 1st in the Big12 and still will be if the four in question never step foot on campus. I'm looking forward to seeing what Strong does with them....

Good post and fair analysis. Bama ran away fron the rest of us in our conference with 6 5 stars. Tennessee, LSU, Georgia Auburn and A&M were all neck and neck regarding our recruiting classes and although we finished 6th out of that group its all based on the opinion of maybe one or two players that seperate each so we are right in the thick of things with the top tier of or conference in the 15 class. So in this instance our coaches are going to have to do better developing and coaching than those other teams in order to win the SEC. Saban is a freaking Machine, im very much looking forward to his retirment.

Good post and fair analysis. Bama ran away fron the rest of us in our conference with 6 5 stars. Tennessee, LSU, Georgia Auburn and A&M were all neck and neck regarding our recruiting classes and although we finished 6th out of that group its all based on the opinion of maybe one or two players that seperate each so we are right in the thick of things with the top tier of or conference in the 15 class. So in this instance our coaches are going to have to do better developing and coaching than those other teams in order to win the SEC. Saban is a freaking Machine, im very much looking forward to his retirment.
Great. So why are you over here talking about it? Go play with your new friends.

1-Nobody cares. Go post on Texags or AggieYell.

2-This is why you aggys are so freaking terrible. You bring up things like our supposed academic risks, but just completely ignore attrition on your own team. I posted this awhile back with adjusted class rankings after attrition. A&M isn't neck and neck with LSU, Auburn, Bama or Ole Miss when you factor in attrition of the 12, 13, 14 and 15 classes. About the only class you have an advantage over some of those schools is in the 14 class and attrition hasn't started yet. Amazing how you aggys are so quick to bring up our academic risks but just completely ignore your attrition when it comes to being "neck and neck in recruiting with the other SEC schools".

Yes, because I'm objective. Bama has been at the top of the heap for a while with LSU not far behind. Both teams are recruiting above your staff and they both have better coaches IMHO, I also see Auburn picking up steam and they have a better staff as well, IMHO. If Aggy fails to beat these three teams this year, it will be more of the same...

"Johnson did not participate in many big-time camps or 7on7 tournaments this spring - and that's honestly the issue and reasons for readjusting his ranking. He continues to deal with nagging injuries and many other wide receivers stepped up their games in a big way this off-season, and passed him in the position rankings. Johnson is still very talented and he has great size but he needs to work through those injuries to move up the list again."

This is about Collin Johnson and a huge reason why nobody should take these fools opinions seriously when it comes to the "Rivals 250" , etc..... Not attending camps and 7on7 is a bogus reason to jump him in the Spring, the services are nothing but click bait producing sites taking morons money for crap info.

So our 4 star QB is not really a 4-star QB? One of the top 2 or 3 WR in Cali is not really one of the top 2 or 3 receivers in Cali?

I'm so glad I don't pay for this crap, it's a joke.

Funny how we're the ones accused of being obsessed with aggy yet I have never posted on an aggy site and all I see here is aggy postings. Weird bunch these sheep humpers.

Reactions: LonghornMM
Funny how we're the ones accused of being obsessed with aggy yet I have never posted on an aggy site and all I see here is aggy postings. Weird bunch these sheep humpers.

This logic is something aggys can't understand.

You're wrong on this. Its ok its your opinion. You don't offer fall backs in the spring.

I would counter that with how Millennials get in a twist about when they were offered, you offer all that catch your eye and evaluate more later. What was the Kam Martin quote something like, 'how much interest do they have in me if they keep making other RB offers?' That was from a RB that isn't verbal-ed to Texas but is to another team being pissed that Texas is offering other RBs. CRAZY!

Mack's way is dead. Strong's staff put out 129 offers last year and is up to 90 offers already this year for a class that will be 20 guys.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT